art111
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Rosslare or Dublin Ferry

· 
Posted: 27.05.2016  ·  #1
Hello,
Greetings from Austria. Well, I have been to Ireland quite often by plane and car hire, but mid of June, it will be the first time with my camper van. First stop should be Glendalough, which I never visited. So I am not sure which ferry would be the best. The one to Rosslare or Dublin each one from GB. Also is there a place for the night in Glendalough possible? If you see Austrian licence plates on an IVECO let us have a pint together.
All the best
Bernd

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Rosslare or Dublin Ferry

· 
Posted: 27.05.2016  ·  #2
Which port you use to get to Ireland would depend more on where in GB you are coming from. Glendalough is roughly half way between Rosslare and Dublin.

art111
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2016  ·  #3
I will use Calais to Dover, and then the best priced ferry.
The port doesn't really matter.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2016  ·  #4
Holyhead to Dublin can be quicker and probably similar distance to either Holyhead or Fishguard

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2016  ·  #5
Try Irish Ferries for a combined fare from Europe to Ireland. The combined fare is usually cheaper than two individuals and often the tunnel is the cheapest part from Europe to GB.

You will find little price difference between Irish Ferries and Stena on the Irish Sea. Dover to Holyhead or Fishguard is about same distance but faster to Holyhead unless there are issues on motorway. Travel via M25 south of London and then onto M40 to M6 at Birmingham avoids toll and congestion at Dartford. M6 toll bypass (cash payment) around Birmingham can be good choice over normal M6 especially between 0700 and 1000 or between 1500 and 2000 hours.

A lot of people from Ireland use Rosslare to Cherbourg or Roscoff direct as it is competitive and cuts out the drive through GB. However depending on your dates you may have trouble booking because of all the football traffic for Euro 16.

Kamenomesto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.03.2017  ·  #6
If coming via the UK, try Seatruck Ferries Liverpool-Dublin. I am booked in June for motorhome + 2 with cabin and all meals on board for £80 each way.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.