DIY Aerial for Saorview

reflexsean
Craic'er
Subject:

DIY Aerial for Saorview

· 
Posted: 04.05.2016  ·  #1
Away in the motorhome the weekend in some campsites I can get a signal with the aerial on the camper a round disc type came fitted as stranded well down in Newtown cove no signal. On a saorview site I had read about this diy aerial but I cant find the site now. All you need is a piece of coaxial aerial cable pear back the outer insulating about 8 inches separate the copper shroud and twist to form a straight line at right angle to the cable then strip the inner copper wire and bend it at a right angle to the cable and opposite the other copper to form a straight line a bout 16 inches long the best way is to tape it to a plastic rod or wooden dowel to support it I used a plastic coat hanger the only thing I had in the camper MOST IMPORTANT KEEP THE COPPER WIRES SEPARATED leave the inner plastic insulation a little longer and cover with insulating tape where they separate to prevent the 2 copper wires from touching then place the copper wire horizontal in the highest window in some areas the copper wire may have to be placed vertical then you need a fitting on the other end to connect into the tv and tune in the signal came in at only 24 to 27% the picture came clear utv and tv3 stayed clear all night.
Hope this helps it worked for me.

Mensa6
Subject:

DIY Saorview Aerial

· 
Posted: 04.10.2016  ·  #2
Fantastic hack! Just did it and it worked - got all the irish stations including RTE Jr. and UTV Ireland!!!
:happy:

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: DIY Aerial for Saorview

· 
Posted: 21.02.2017  ·  #3
Reflexsean; Thanks for the tip. Made one today and got an excellent reception here at home (136 TV/Radio stations on Walker 12v Saorview Tv). Looking forward to trying it in R.O.I. :-)

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.02.2017  ·  #4
Any pics of the finished article??

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.02.2017  ·  #5
Took a pic but I don't know how to post it. Tried doing it as an attachment, even after cropping it, but no joy.

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.02.2017  ·  #6
DIY ariel made with 99p coaxial cable as per Reflexsean's instructions. Used a small length of plastic rod.
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.03.2017  ·  #7
Quote by Sicknote

wonder if that would work in the north for freeview DTV

An aerial is an aerial, they are not different.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.