thepilote
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: PILOTE REFERENCE
Base Vehicle: DUCATO
Subject:

Sat problem

· 
Posted: 02.02.2016  ·  #1
Hi all I have an OYSTER VISION satellite dish.
Worked very well for last 2 years. Now it opens as usual but cant seem to "lock on" to Astra 2. Any suggestions please?

Mick H
Craic'er
Subject:

Re: Sat problem

· 
Posted: 02.02.2016  ·  #2
Will it still lock on to Astra 1, Hotbird etc?

If so, then it is more than likely that it requires a software update.

Many changes to the Astra 2 transponders cause this issue. I assume that your system isn't the original Oyster Vision 1, but a later version. If it is a Oyster Vision 1, then Oyster no longer support this version.

Later versions can be updated, though.

thepilote
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.02.2016  ·  #3
Thanks will try to lock on to other satellites but will not get a chance until weekend. No hope of doing it where I live. Strange how it was working 3 weeks previous.

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.02.2016  ·  #4
Mick H
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.02.2016  ·  #5
Quote by thepilote

Thanks will try to lock on to other satellites but will not get a chance until weekend. No hope of doing it where I live. Strange how it was working 3 weeks previous.

That's exactly what happens, with transponder changes. One day it's fine, but the next it just can't find Astra 2.

Over the years,I've had to have several software updates, but mine is the Vision 1 version.
Basically, Oyster just dumped us, unless we purchased the later version control box, at a cost of approx 700 Euro's.

What I do, nowadays, is, lock on to Astra 1, and, using the manual setting, turn the dish to Astra 2.
Sounds more difficult than it actually is. Usually find it straight away, although the elevation differs, as we travel around Europe.

thepilote
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.02.2016  ·  #6
Hi MIck H,
Not sure but I think mine is Vision 2.Will see what I can do over the w/e. and will post notice here. Thanks to all for help.

Regards,

Joe

thepilote
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.02.2016  ·  #7
Hi all,
Problem solved. Very simple in the end. While searching press and hold the right arrow button then press the left arrow 3 times. Locked on within seconds. Closed dish again and set it to search locked on without a problem. Hope this will help somebody.

Regards

Mick H
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.02.2016  ·  #8
Glad that you have sorted it, and that it was simple, in the end. Happy Camping.

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.07.2016  ·  #9
Well, I wrote a fairly long query but I seemed to have hit a wrong button and the whole lot disappeared!!! :sick: :sick:
Short query this time. I have Glomex, Discovery S260S, manufactured per manual, 1/6/2011. Had usual problems 2014 updated software, but managed to do it. Again in early 2015 the same issue, I just could not get the update to work. So it is sitting there pretty usless on the roof since then as I was just burned out with the silliness of it all!! Currently I just use Saorview, but now I need a new Saorview TV, and I am toying with the idea of getting the Glomex fixed. I am not sure if it is worth the effort, but keenly aware that if it is not fixed, It is wasted money and this annoys me. Anybody know tech around Dublin area.??

Regards
Franco

chalkey

Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.07.2016  ·  #10
Hi Franco,
i am in exactly the same place as you. I have a Glomex and am unable to get any programs. I have tried to install the upgrade but to no avail. I am also contemplating taking the dome off the roof of my van and sending it over to the U.K for inspection, so if any tech experts here are able to help i would be most glad to hear from them.
Regards,

Chalkey

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.07.2016  ·  #11
Hi, Chalkey,
Looks like nobody has any info on techies in locality. I reckon I will probably stick with Saorview. Pity, as one feels that buying the satellite dish was a total waste of money, not to mention having to avoid trees etc for to get signal, and of course adding the extra weight and height to the van with no benefit at all!!!

Regards
Franco

Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.07.2016  ·  #12
Have you tried taking it to an authorised dealer?
I remember Simon at LTS telling me that dealers had a software update which he needed to physically plug in to do.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.07.2016  ·  #13
Quote by franco

Hi, Chalkey,
Looks like nobody has any info on techies in locality. I reckon I will probably stick with Saorview. Pity, as one feels that buying the satellite dish was a total waste of money, not to mention having to avoid trees etc for to get signal, and of course adding the extra weight and height to the van with no benefit at all!!!

Regards
Franco

Jasus Franco,
Ya sound like a man that's after being conned out of something,

I'd do as mark suggested and call Simon at Lts or Donagheys and seek advise there :up:

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.07.2016  ·  #14
Hi Chalkey,
No don't feel conned, just find it is not worth the effort driving for hours to garage, getting it fixed and then facing the same problems randomly annually. This is my second dish, first one was a state of the art camus with 'on the go viewing', but of course you require line of sight permanently, which is not feasible when moving, with trees, bridges etc. So that was a turn-off.
In fairness I have not given in totally yet.
Hope you resolve yours soon
Regards
Frank

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.07.2016  ·  #15
The last update for Glomex software was in December, you may have a faulty LNB, get a local satellite installer to check the signal as the unit searches with a spectrum analyser, or take the dome cover off and test the LNB signal there. Note the Glomex LNB is mounted 90 degrees offset, so the polarity will be reversed on any reading at the dish.

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.07.2016  ·  #16
Hi Willie,
Don't have ant technical knowledge, so won't mess with it myself. However I reckon I owe it the machine to get it sorted. I am getting some work done at present, within next 2 weeks, so, I will get the TV looked as well thanks for interest shown and info.
Franco

chalkey

Subject:

sat problem resolved

· 
Posted: 24.10.2016  ·  #17
After spending a lot of time trying to install upgrades to my sat dome i had just about given up. As my last option i contacted Leisure Technical solutions and i am so glad i did. I was sent an update and as recommended i installed this upgrade successfully. I can only recommend the personnel at Leisure Technical and the customer service was second to none. Thanks to all

Regards,

Chalkey :-) :-)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.