Kid friendly campervan sites

Jeidi
Subject:

Kid friendly campervan sites

· 
Posted: 21.01.2016  ·  #1
Hi all,
I've maybe posted here once or twice here before. We got our campervan late last summer and we've done a lot of work on it and we hope to get a good summer 2016 to make the most of it.
We are planning on heading off the third week in august - 3/4 nights in hidden valley and maybe 2 nights in Rancho Reilly's on the way home. We live in Waterford.
But we want to head off the May and June bank holiday weekends too.
We have two boys - 7 and 3.5. Two other families with kids the same ages are coming with us.
I was looking at Nore Valley but they don't seem to have great reviews?
Has anyone other recommendations I could look into?

TIA. :happy:

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Kid friendly campervan sites

· 
Posted: 21.01.2016  ·  #2
LinkConsider Parsons green,
Have stayed at Halloween and cant wait to go back when the weather is better,

The Apple farm in Cahir is ok for 1 night, as not a lot for kids to do apart from slide, swing, and tennis court,

We like Ballinacourty house aswell as it has a mini pet farm onsite with a restaurant and lovely quiet long walk round to the village of Lisverrinane,

Leahys open farm Dungourney, Cork is another good spot to entertain the kids

Check the review section for further info and look into the Day trip section for some ideas(only available to subscribed members)

Hopefully you will get plenty of outings in 2016

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2016  ·  #3
I have stayed in Nore Valley with the grandkids and they always had a good time , I dont know how it got bad reviews but thats my experiance of the site

Jeidi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2016  ·  #4
Thanks for the recommendations.
Friends of ours were in parsons green and did say they had a good time so definitely worth considering!

I don't even know where Lisverrinane, is so I must google it.

Thanks again!

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2016  ·  #5
Our kids always liked Nore valley, but long time ago.

Caseys at Clonea outside Dungarvan also has a good play park and is right on the beach, but perhaps a little too close to home?

We also liked River Valley in Wicklow, but long time since.

It really depends on what you want to do. For the 17 years that the kids were with us, every year was at Sextons near Clonakilty. It has minimal play facilities, but really friendly owners. The point was that we left the site each day and spent it at Dunwhorley beach, Inchydoney beach. The model railway, the town itself, Kinsale, Roscarberry for beach and lagoon for boat hire and so it goes on. But perhaps you want to stay on site.

Davy

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2016  ·  #6
We did Hidden Valley, although we didnt have the grandkids with us and thought it was a super site for children, plenty to do to keep them quiet.

trev
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2016  ·  #7
We go to trabolgan at some stage every year. A bit more expensive than your standard site but you get a lot for your money.
there's 33% off if you book and pay before the end of January
If you go, there is a free activity on morning noon and night. we don't bother with the extra's and our kids are too young for the adventure sports so it works out ok.
pool, restaurant, shop & bar all on site.
:up:

jimbobwalton
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.01.2016  ·  #8
Woodlands Park in tralee is handy. Easy walking distance to town park and toen centre..cinema next door, Aqua dome about 10 mins walk, Tennis courts nearby and lots to do around tralee

bertie
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 640
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.02.2016  ·  #9
Always had great experiences at Nore Valley. Kids enjoy the animal feeding and the freedom to roam the large site.

galchick
Subject:

westport

· 
Posted: 25.03.2016  ·  #10
Westport house might be too far but its great and deal on living social at the moment also. 3 nights for 129.

Jeidi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.03.2016  ·  #11
Thanks galchick - I have Westport booked for three nights of the June bank holiday weekend.
Looking forward to it now!

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2016  ·  #12
Quote by galchick

Westport house might be too far but its great and deal on living social at the moment also. 3 nights for 129.

Does that include breakfast and a 5 star toilet and shower room with adjacent jacuzzi?

Day Dream
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Autotrail Chieftain
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.04.2016  ·  #13
We had planned on going to River Valley in Wicklow next weekend, but now there is a Tractor Ted event on Saturday in Cork, it's the first time in Ireland and our kids love Tractor Ted, so any suggestion for saturday night and sunday night in that general direction, Waterford, Kilkenny, Cork.
I would prefer a pub with in walking distance, but teh kids come first with family friendly sites.

Shivster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Six berth named Milly with cute red heart interior! Eurostyle emphasis on style
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.04.2016  ·  #14
Day dream do you need to go to a camp site because Cork is poor for sites near anything?
If you just want you can park up in Cobh Aire and get the train into Cork?

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.04.2016  ·  #15
Quote by Day Dream

We had planned on going to River Valley in Wicklow next weekend, but now there is a Tractor Ted event on Saturday in Cork, it's the first time in Ireland and our kids love Tractor Ted, so any suggestion for saturday night and sunday night in that general direction, Waterford, Kilkenny, Cork.
I would prefer a pub with in walking distance, but teh kids come first with family friendly sites.

Padraig,
The tractor ted is on Sunday, not Saturday,
we have a tractor ted fan here as well, so will consider a trip to meet the little green fella,

Thanks for the idea :up:

Day Dream
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Autotrail Chieftain
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.04.2016  ·  #16
Quote by Shivster

Day dream do you need to go to a camp site because Cork is poor for sites near anything?
If you just want you can park up in Cobh Aire and get the train into Cork?

Thanks, I would prefer a site as the kids are very young and the 2 year old loves cars, wouldn't feel safe with him, he doesn't yet understand teh dangers they pose.

I got my days mixed up, I'm just looking over the camping guide at the moment for a few sites.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.04.2016  ·  #17
Blarney is probably the closest, and is well run with very friendly staff,
From memory theres not a lot for kids to do on the blarney site but its spotless clean,

Avoid jasmine villa at all costs, You are parked in a back garden of a house, if you want to go for a walk it has to be on the dual carriage way, and the most greedy owners i have ever met,

CheddieOB
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Elnagh...Affectionately known as Big Nell! :)
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2016  ·  #18
Just to keep everyone updated, Westport House deal is back on Groupon but it is actually cheaper to book direct. €117 as opposed to €135 I think it was?

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2016  ·  #19
We have 3 young children but hardly ever use campsites as much prefer driving around and parking up in the centre of things.

However one exception that we love is Rancho Reillys in Carlow. Not a campsite a such, a petting farm which has evolved into taking tents, caravans and motorhomes/campervans.

The site itself is rough and ready in terms of toilets (clean but basic) and shower (could do with a good clean) but for motorhomers this is irrelvant as we have our own. It's such a safe site with so much to do for children and unlike Hidden Valley and Nore Vally, you won't be plagued with requests for money to buy yet more tokens or pay for additional activities. The owner and staff are so enthusiastic and constantly entertain the children during the summer months with donkey rides, holding snakes and other reptiles, rabbits, chickens, tractor barrel rides, frog hunts, even midnight walks. All this takes place off peak too just to a less frequent extent. Al included in your site fee.

Eoin (aka Rancho) also took out kids and those of the 7 families we were camping with into the café and gave them free toast and warmed their wet jackets by the fire for them. On another visit Shane gave our daughters and their friends fresh eggs from the hens. Great site, with the most amazing helpful staff.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2016  ·  #20
I love those kind of experiences.

Elmo
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Chausson Flash 05 called "Wally"
Base Vehicle: 2007 Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2016  ·  #21
I have to totally agree with you AdiH, we feel the exact same about Rancho's and our kids love it there. In fact we are going back down there this weekend and cant wait !!. I also like that they have barrels around the site you can use to build a fire, nice to sit round in the evening. (somehow dont think ill be doing that this weekend though :-) )

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2016  ·  #22
Quote by Elmo

I have to totally agree with you AdiH, we feel the exact same about Rancho's and our kids love it there. In fact we are going back down there this weekend and cant wait !!. I also like that they have barrels around the site you can use to build a fire, nice to sit round in the evening. (somehow dont think ill be doing that this weekend though :-) )

Hi mark.

You might put it up in the review section after the weekend,enjoy :up: :up:

Elmo
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Chausson Flash 05 called "Wally"
Base Vehicle: 2007 Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2016  ·  #23
Hi Ken

I keep meaning to do a review on a couple of sites we have been to recently but it keeps going on the long finger. Definitely going to get to it after this weekend. :up:

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2016  ·  #24
It sounds like a great place,im sure other people would use it if there was info on the review section and on the app. :up: :up:

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2016  ·  #25
I've put Rancho Reillys on the review section. Even our new to tent camping friends love it despite their initial reluctance. The fact it is so child friendly and has such brilliant staff more than makes up for its non-pristine facilities. The nearest thing us motorhomers will get to proper camping :D

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.