Shattered Glass top for cooker/sink

lookaround
Craic'er
Subject:

Shattered Glass top for cooker/sink

· 
Posted: 27.09.2016  ·  #1
Disaster struck on the last day of my holidays. I closed the glass cooker top and as I turned my back - luckily - on the cooker there was a huge bang and the glass top shattered. I had left the gas ring on underneath. I'm furious with myself as I'm usually so careful with that.

Anyway would anyone know where I can get a replacement. It is a combination cooker and sink. Cramer is the name on the burners and it seems that it is part of the Dometic group.
http://www.dometic.co.uk/produ…-hi27-i-g/ seems to be the one. I emailed Dometic in the UK but they didn't reply. I will probably call them in a day or so but wonder if anyone has bought one in Ireland. It looks like it would be easy to fit as there are just 2 screws to attach it so hopefully I could do it myself.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Shattered Glass top for cooker/sink

· 
Posted: 27.09.2016  ·  #2
If you do not have any luck getting an original replacement, then this firm in Belfast will make most shapes and colours of splash backs.

http://www.diysplashbacks.co.uk/

We bought a splash back from them and were impressed with the range and type of work they could carry out, and not too expensive. I reckon if you can supply them with a template to work from, together with thickness and size and location of bolt holes, they could make one for you. Their add states that they ship to all of Ireland.

Conversely there is bound to be a similar company in Cork who could do the same for you, I dare say you could get such a firm to measure up your van for an accurate fit.

Davy

Subject:

Re: Shattered Glass top for cooker/sink

· 
Posted: 27.09.2016  ·  #3
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.