- saved channel guide

Pengar
My Motorhome: Burstner nexxo t740
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.3
Subject:

KVH Tracvision R4 SL

· 
Posted: 06.08.2016  ·  #1
Anyone have one of above, or know of any suitable service suppliers (Donaghys are SO far from Meath I can't face the thought of driving there and back!) ?

When comissioned, the embedded channel list they programmed is huge and bears no relation to what I need - any changes I make are lost when TV is switched off. I thing laptop/serial lead are required to reprogram to the "normal" UK/Irl Freeview list. In our house that would be Sky news, BBC1 NI, BBC2 NI, UTV, C4, C5, ....etc.

Anyone know how to do that, or know someone who does?

Subject:

Re: KVH Tracvision R4 SL

· 
Posted: 07.08.2016  ·  #2
There are a few different ways to search for channels depending on the system.
I have never had the KVH system but know it is very good.

As far as I remember the KVH will allow you to select the channel and it will seek the relevant satellite where most systems need you to select the satellite (from a control unit) and then pick your channels.

It probably lists all those channels because it has been set to search for all or most satellites. Have you tried going into the settings and deselecting the satellites you don't want then searching for channels. The list should be much shorter. It would be shorter again if you ate only wanting FTA as there should be an option to search for that only.

So at the moment you may be searching for 8 satellites with up to 3000 channels each.
If you select Astra 28 and FTA you will probably only get a few hundred channels which you should then be ale to sort into an order you like.

or
Try Simon at LTS.

Pengar
My Motorhome: Burstner nexxo t740
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.3
Subject:

KVH Tracvision R4 SL

· 
Posted: 17.08.2016  ·  #3
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, Mark.

I contacted KVH and had a long conversation with service rep - the log & short being that sat system only provides signal to tuner - no preferred channel list is saved in system memory.

On foot of this, I contacted Cello - still waiting for a reply!

In frustration, I have resurrected an old Humax Freesat PVR box that I had in my "come-in-handy" box - not as convenient, but its working a treat!

Gary

Subject:

Re: KVH Tracvision R4 SL

· 
Posted: 17.08.2016  ·  #4
Then you may find that you can set the channel order in the TV.
It is time consuming but should work once you have it done.

Move a few into order then power off and back on again to make sure the TV remembers the order.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.