Gleneagles Hotel Kilarney

barney147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.10.2015  ·  #1
Hi folks do u know if you can park up at the Gleneagles hotel, heading there next weekend for dancing comp and need somewhere to park. Also is the flesk open next door at this time of year. :up: :up:

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

Re: Gleneagles Hotel Kilarney

· 
Posted: 25.10.2015  ·  #2
I think most of the Hotels in Killarney frown on Motorhomes not to mind them parking on their property Brendan. Afaik the Flesk was opened last year at the weekends for €15 euro a night with no Toilet block facilities. ehu, water, grey water and toilet disposal avalable and you pay at the Hotel at the entrance.

Day Dream
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Autotrail Chieftain
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.10.2015  ·  #3
Failing that, the Loreto road is just below the gleneagle , HegArty body builders always have large trucks parked on the roadside , couldn't see anyone saying anything about a camper In the middle of them
Another option would be further out the road, the first car park for the national park does not have a height barrier at the second entrance to it, I see campers here from time to time. It is about a 10 minute walk from the glen on the Jarvey road ( safe)

barney147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.10.2015  ·  #4
Thanks Pat and Padraig will look into that prob just stay at the flesk, didnt realise it wuz open. :up:

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.02.2020  ·  #5
So has anyone ever stayed at the Gleneagles car park then? We’ve got a gig coming up there soon and the Flesk campsite will not be open.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.02.2020  ·  #6
Quote by The Rambler

So has anyone ever stayed at the Gleneagles car park then? We’ve got a gig coming up there soon and the Flesk campsite will not be open.

I have heard of people drinking there all night and been asked or maybe I should say told to move on when they come out, you are not welcome there Jason. I have seen Motorhomes parked across the road probably in gateways into fields. don,t know if they over night'd though.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2020  ·  #7
Quote by CHAUSSON

Quote by The Rambler

I have heard of people drinking there all night and been asked or maybe I should say told to move on when they come out, you are not welcome there Jason. I have seen Motorhomes parked across the road probably in gateways into fields. don,t know if they over night'd though.

I have also talked to people who drink there and when told to move they simply said you served me the drink and as youh know it is illegal to drive with drink taken and I'll move when sober enough meanwhile I'm going for a snooze to sober up.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2020  ·  #8
Quote by sprinter

Quote by CHAUSSON

Quote by The Rambler

I have also talked to people who drink there and when told to move they simply said you served me the drink and as youh know it is illegal to drive with drink taken and I'll move when sober enough meanwhile I'm going for a snooze to sober up.

Yeah that is what they told them and they didn't move or get a good nights sleep, Who needs that hassle when out for a night, well I don't anyway.

Liked by: eirebus, panda, sprinter

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2020  ·  #9
Doubt any Killarney campsites will be open in February.

Closest place you could overnight would maybe be Ross Castle but I'd be much less inclined to overnight there at a weekend than midweek but it might be quite this time of year.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2020  ·  #10
Quote by <BM>

Doubt any Killarney campsites will be open in February.

Closest place you could overnight would maybe be Ross Castle but I'd be much less inclined to overnight there at a weekend than midweek but it might be quite this time of year.

Vans not allowed stay at Ross Castle ,Lidl car park near the cathedral might be a possibility

Liked by: <BM>

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2020  ·  #11
Jason, when you pass the Flesk campsite going out of town there is a road to the left before you get to the Service station which I heard of Motorhomes parking on . The last time I walked past it the hedge looked to be a bit overgrown on to the road but if it worked out it is not far from the Gleneagle.

Liked by: sprinter, +deleted user

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2020  ·  #12
Quote by CHAUSSON

Jason, when you pass the Flesk campsite going out of town there is a road to the left before you get to the Service station which I heard of Motorhomes parking on . The last time I walked past it the hedge looked to be a bit overgrown on to the road but if it worked out it is not far from the Gleneagle.

Well then, having spoken to the reception desk of Gleneagles over the telephone this evening, I can confirm that I will indeed not be staying in their car park, as they will not permit it. So I will look up that location Pat. Cheers.

Boo to Gleneagles! I suppose you just have too much tourism down there, we don’t figure.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, sprinter

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.02.2020  ·  #13
Quote by The Rambler

Boo to Gleneagles! I suppose you just have too much tourism down there, we don’t figure.

Personally I treat Killarney the same as Galway ,they don't want you until it suits them to rip you off in their campsites

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.02.2020  ·  #14
Remember, a motor caravan, as a road-legal vehicle, can be parked in the same manner as other vehicles at any place on the public road (and that includes public car parks) where it is permitted to park under local or national regulations.
Just pay the relevant parking fee if there is one and park in a manner that takes into account any relevant road markings which may indicate how a vehicle should be parked.
Obviously, if there is restricted access there is not much you can do about it, other than make a complaint to who put the restriction in place, even if there is no legal basis for such a restriction. Hight barriers at public car parks generally have no legal standing, they are just a bully tactic councils use to impose their opinion when they cannot make a lawfull regulation.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.