Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Ferry Cancelled.

· 
Posted: 24.04.2018  ·  #1
Just got off the phone with Brittany Ferries, the inaugural sailing from Cork to Santander has been cancelled, #&%king wampers. I wanted to be on the maiden voyage which they are hoping to proceed with on the 9th. We are now heading from Rosslare to Fishguard driving to Portsmouth and sailing from there on the 1st.Brittany Ferries will be looking after the Stenna booking from Rosslare. Does anyone know of a safe overnight stop within an hour or two of Portsmouth? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Ferry Cancelled.

· 
Posted: 24.04.2018  ·  #2
just had a quick look

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.04.2018  ·  #3
Quote by Flipperdipper

Just got off the phone with Brittany Ferries, the inaugural sailing from Cork to Santander has been cancelled, #&%king wampers. I wanted to be on the maiden voyage which they are hoping to proceed with on the 9th. We are now heading from Rosslare to Fishguard driving to Portsmouth and sailing from there on the 1st.Brittany Ferries will be looking after the Stenna booking from Rosslare. Does anyone know of a safe overnight stop within an hour or two of Portsmouth? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

That is a horrible drive Liam, I would prefer to drive down through France than do that, especially if it is costing €1000 extra. You would want more than a voucher for that hassle. These New Boats are very like the Ld line saga a few years ago.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.04.2018  ·  #4
I agree with that Liam. If you add in all the various times you will be In Spain a hell of a lot sooner and with the best part of €800 in your pocket. I would think long and hard about that. Two ferries totaling 27.5 hours compared to about 19 never mind your overnight stop in Uk

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.04.2018  ·  #5
Brittany Ferries organised the Stenna crossing to Fishguard at no cost to myself, I picked the sailing that suited me. The only extra expense involved will be the cost of diesel to drive through England. Extra sea time is a bonus as far as I'm concerned, yea I know I'm nuts. I was lucky enough to get a six week temporary job on Irish Ferries, just before they got rid of all the Irish workers, unfortunately it only lasted six months. :lol: The best job I ever had, two weeks holiday every month. As Mrs Dipper wont be joining me for a couple of weeks a fishing buddy is taking advantage of the free trip and coming for the first week. He's as crazy as I am and happy to be at sea or driving. It just means that we have an extra day away. What really annoys me is the fact that I'll miss the maiden voyage from Cork to Santander. :'( I'm going to pop off an email to customer services to see if we can get free meals on the Pont Avon from Portsmouth :-)

JonMac46
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Globetrotter 1999 Ducato 2.8 idTD
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #6
I think you can park overnight at the ferry terminal in Portsmouth

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #7
I got a recommendation from another forum for the car park at the D-Day museum at Southsea. They say it's an official motorhome facility and the police drop in regularly during the night. The big plus is that we'll get to see the Mary Rose exhibition and HMS Warrior before boarding the Pont Avon on Tuesday. A bit of a downer today, I got a crack in my windscreen from a stone and the earliest Autoglass can get to me is towards the end of next week. 🇧🇭 I'll just have to chance it and hope it stays on the passenger side. At the moment it's about 25cm and with a bit of luck it will stay that size.

Betty Swollocks
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Geist
Base Vehicle: Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #8
Keep the heater pointing downwards and away from the screen.

Years ago I'd two screens crack, but it only spread when I was demisting with the blowers on the screen.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Ferry Cancelled.

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #9
Liam. Have you time to get it done in the UK , or you could ask the insurance if they can arrange it to have it done when you land . If it goes bad you'll have to get it done anyway.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #10
to save it

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #11
You can try and stop the crack from spreading by touching up the inside of the glass with a tiny drop of super glue along the lenght of the crack.
As others have mentioned turn the cab heater to cold.
Malcolm

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #12
I've used

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.04.2018  ·  #13
Thanks for all the input, windscreen now sorted. I rang Wexford Windscreen Centre Limited (053 9142011) yesterday mid day to find out what it would cost to buy one and have it fitted and would it be possible to get it done before the weekend. I told him about leaving Rosslare at 8 AM Monday morning and he said to drop the van into him first thing this morning and he'd do his best to get me sorted. When he found out that I was insured with Aviva he said they did work for Aviva and he'd clear it with the company. Dropped the van in at 8:30 this morning and got a call at 12:30 informing me that it was ready for collection. Happy days. Now I can put my Craic sticker top and center where it belongs. Happy days indeed. :-)

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.04.2018  ·  #14
Great stuff Liam, now deep breath, relax........
and off you go and have a hell of a good time & a smashing holiday ...... keep us updated on here.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.04.2018  ·  #15
I use the lads always myself Liam. Great bunch. Have a ball. Maybe we will happen on you if we make it that far south.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.