Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

Recommendations for Waterford?

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #1
Good day ladies and gents,

I've been looking at the weather and seems it'll be a little bit dryer going east.

What would you guys recommend for us to check out around Waterford??

I know it's a bit last minute and we kind of have an idea, but surely someone will throw a few hot tips around the area :)

Thank you in advance!!

Cheers,
Rami

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

Re: Recommendations for Waterford?

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #2
dungarvans always nice and just down the road.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #3
Quote by ROBANDSUE

dungarvans always nice and just down the road.

Yes sir, that's always a good option. Pretty pet friendly as well :)

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #4
Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: Webmail.ie
My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #5
RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #6
Quote by Flipperdipper

Forget Waterford, head for the Sunny South East :sun: , the rain is a bit warmer down here :-). When you get to New Ross pay a visit to the Dunbrody. https://www.dunbrody.com/ If you like trees, and who dosen't, drop in here for a few hours http://www.heritageireland.ie/…arboretum/ Blow out the cobwebs with a walk and a night or two at the oldest working lighthouse https://www.hookheritage.ie/ If you're into birds, http://www.wexfordwildfowlreserve.ie/
Whatever you do, enjoy.

What would be the spot to overnight over there? It's only 1 night, just a quick getaway for the weekend so it might be a bit too far for this one but always looking for newer places to visit :)

Quote by Eamonn

Waterford & Suir Valley Railway

Well worth a look and a spin on the railway

I know that one, super cool :)

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #7
sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Recommendations for Waterford?

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #8
Someone said recently you could park up in the old workhouse in Kilmacthomas. Halfway on the greenway so if you're into the bikes, you could go from there to Dungarvan, one day and Waterford the next.

I would have said the Hook also only 2 1/2 hrs and added Loftus Hall, Tintern Abbey ( Colclough Walled Garden, and wood walk ) and throw in the Ross Tapestry

TimB
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Carado A366
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #9
Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #10
We planning to head to Waterford as well. The suir railway looks like an option. There is the viking quarter in Waterford city along with two options for overnight parking.
Malcolm.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2018  ·  #11
Well lads, we ended up visiting Dunmore and stayed overnight in http://www.dunmoreholiday.ie/

Lovely spot I must say, they have a really nice pub at walking distance with a savage 2 course early bird which is almost too much food (almost), you can then walk down to the beach or enjoy the views of the golf course . Not a player myself, but if you are, even more so!

From then we came back through the Copper Coast Scenic Drive stopping in different beaches... a fantastic little trip!

We even got some sunshine :D

Thanks for the recommendations above btw, I'll definitely add those to my "to do list".

Cheers,
Rami

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

Short Memory

· 
Posted: 09.04.2018  ·  #12
Is this the same site that we were boycotting a couple years ago?

forum/topic.php?t=3770

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2018  ·  #13
Good memory Pat,

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #14
I'm 99% sure that it's one and the same, and they're false advertising. Claiming to be in the heart of the Sunny South East, they've some cheek. They're not even in the Sunny South East never mind the heart of it. Why can't people come up with their own slogans. 🇧🇭 🇧🇭 :-) Rant over.(for now) :lol:

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #15
Well... sometimes ignorance is bliss because we had a great time :)

For sure, free parking sounds lovely but don't mind paying for nice facilities either.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #16
Quote by mad max

Good memory Pat,

Well John, if I commit to something I will see it through, I haven’t set foot in Dunmoreeast since and I certainly will not be supporting that site. I am NOT having a go at anyone, many of our new members don’t know what went on that time.I have no problem with people supporting the place, that is their own choice

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #17
Quote by CHAUSSON

Quote by mad max

Good memory Pat,

Well John, if I commit to something I will see it through, I haven’t set foot in Dunmoreeast since and I certainly will not be supporting that site. I am NOT having a go at anyone, many of our new members don’t know what went on that time.I have no problem with people supporting the place, that is their own choice

Impossible for me to know the background story, I'm not going to do a background check on every site I'm going to go. Also, I quickly read the thread linked above and I didn't see anything that will put me off from going again really...

Other than that there was a public site which then was closed and this one appeared? There's height barriers everywhere, lots of towns close off what would be a perfect spot for overnight parking, should we then boycott the local campsite for that????

I'm sure I'm missing something and I'll be happy to better understand the situation.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #18
My understanding of the situation. There was public parking free, some local lad decided "i can make money out of this", put a bit of pressure on, all of a sudden, no more free parking but you can park up in this lads place for 25 yoyo a night.
Just reeked of something rotten, hence the boycott.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #19
Quote by ROBANDSUE

My understanding of the situation. There was public parking free, some local lad decided "i can make money out of this", put a bit of pressure on, all of a sudden, no more free parking but you can park up in this lads place for 25 yoyo a night.
Just reeked of something rotten, hence the boycott.

Right, exactly what I thought then and again... you see that situation everywhere, I can almost say that most town I know around the south coast with the height barriers and conveniently placed campsites. Are we going to boycott all of them so?

The complaint should be with the local council which is the one blocking the parking places.

As I said on my previous post, surely I'll prefer free parking but nothing wrong with paying for a perfectly good spot.

Is till feel like there should be more to the story if other users feel so strongly about this particular site where, it's pretty much the same on other places...

And yes, I got this site from the motorhomecraic app. So the boycott is not that serious either...

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #20
Maybe you are right, maybe there is more to it. But from reading the original post, going back to 2013 i think, that seems to be the gist of it.

the irish rover
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #21
hi folks. just to let yea know that ,parking is now on the new breakwater at the harbour.also on the quay ,at week ends. shanoon which was the parking area ,has been turned into a parking area for the harbour. so all is good in dunmore east [SUNNY SOUTHEAST ] i think that we can call it that ,on account of rescue 117 been based in the area,and covers the south east. also university hospital waterford is the designated cancer centre for the south east,according to the hse. so everyone welcome,especially our neighbours across the river,in wexford.ps. It gets hot there too at times.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2018  ·  #22
Quote by the irish rover

so all is good in dunmore east [SUNNY SOUTHEAST ] i think that we can call it that ,on account of rescue 117 been based in the area,and covers the south east. also university hospital waterford is the designated cancer centre for the south east,according to the hse. so everyone welcome,especially our neighbours across the river,in wexford.ps. It gets hot there too at times.

Yes it's great that Rescue 117 is based in the airport in Waterford in the South East, they do a fantastic job and I doubt we'd have them if ye hadn't built the airport down there. It was a struggle at times but your persistance paid off and we are all reaping the benefits now, well done. No one disputes the fact that the hospital and cancer care centre, in Waterford, are located in and cover the South East. What is in dispute is the title the "Sunny South East". This title was thought up by Mr Nicholas Kelly of Kelly's hotel in Rosslare at a meeting discussing ways to entice more tourists to the area.
#Kelly's Hotel grew with the 20th century. Bill Kelly remembers his grandfather, Nicholas, son of William and Mary: "He was an avid gardener, photographer and bird enthusiast who got together one of the most important historical collections of photos in the south-east. He was also the one who coined the phrase about this being the 'sunny south-east'. And he was right."#
Full article here: https://www.irishtimes.com/bus…-1.1158763 According to met Eireann Carnesore point has on average more hours of sunshine per year than any other part of Ireland. I rest my case. :-)
p.s. Ye wouldn't like it, and rightly so, if God forbid we started to advertise "Come to Wexford, home of the Déise." :up:

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2018  ·  #23
Sunny south east had %400 of normal rainfall last week 😁

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2018  ·  #24
Aye and I felt every shagging drop. I’m thinking of trying to get the name changed to
The soggy south east

the irish rover
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2018  ·  #25
its getting very HOT in wexford ,in the last few days.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2018  ·  #26
Still damp thought

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.