Galway Docks pricing

Good value

BryanM
Craic'er
Subject:

Galway Docks pricing

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #1
Carried on where we left off 2 years ago doing the WAW from Sligo on Good Friday. Used the Motorhome Parking Ireland app and found it excellent to cover Connemara and Mayo and found ourselves in Galway on Tuesday night as I had a couple of people to see in town on Wednesday morning.

We knew it was cheap to overnight at the docks if you arrived late and left early but that didnt suit us and I prepared myself for a hearty parking bill paying by the hour. We were surprised to find out for arriving at 4pm on Tuesday and staying overnight and all morning and not leaving until 1pm on Wednesday it was only €8 in total as that is the 24hour rate! Excellent rate to have secure overnight parking so close to the city centre so well done Galway council and with eating out, enjoying live music in Taafes bar at night and filling up with fuel etc left having made a contribution to Galway cities various businesses of €200 odd. Let's hope other cities see the light.

Swifty
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Galway Docks pricing

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #2
Can’t figure that out as we pay €2 per hour for every hour outside 7 pm to 8 am which is €4

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #3
We stayed for 2 nights at St Patrick's weekend without moving and likewise were very pleasantly surprised with how cheap it was to stay all day. We were 3 separate motorhome families with adults and children all out and about all day spending money locally. I think a nominal overnight parking charge for key locations prevents abuse and overstaying (e.g. Howth) and contributes to local businesses.,Hopefully other county councils will follow suit.

just_manu
Love's the Craic
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #4
Quote by Swifty

Can’t figure that out as we pay €2 per hour for every hour outside 7 pm to 8 am which is €4

Same here. Stayed there around Paddy’s weekend. Paid €4 from 7pm to 8am but €2 per hour after that.
Is there a €8 for 24 hrs parking rate?? If so I paid way over the odds so 😟

AdiH
AdiH
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #5
We paid up early in the morning (10am) having debated what to do, and it was under €20 to bring us up to 8am the next morning. We were expecting it to be twice that. Great value to be in the centre of things on St Patrick's day.

Swifty
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #6
Oh I agree we pay the same as that and it’s a great stop over but the other craicer seems to have made a great deal at €8 for 24 hours

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #7
Is there not a thing where you pay the guy in the hut/cabin/office and it's cheaper?

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.