nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Costing a trip to Spain

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #1
Over the last few months there have been discussions as to French Autoroutes costs and the price of fuel so I put this together to help anyone on a budget trying to get to the Costas. I left Buncrana a week ago and went via Monaghan and Dublin to Rosslare refuelling in Ferns @1.248 per Ltr, Leaving Cherbourg off the boat headed towards St Lo turned right through Percy on D999, good road, cuts the corner off, to A84 in the direction of Rennes and Nantes .Then N137 and N249 past Cholet to Parthenay. Parking each side of the 1st roundabout. Next day on to Poitiers using the D30 down the side of the Airport and on to the Poitiers ring road to join the RN10 stopping at Auchan Hyper Market,1.318 per litr. Heading towards Angolueme and the Bordeaux ring road . I turn Left on to A52 towards Tolouse to Langon. This is the only time I spend 3.40 euros to miss 30kph speed limits.I turn right on to N524 towards Pau and my night stop at Gan other side of Pau on N134 heading towards the Somport tunnel .If you go into Gan town there is a nice free aire in the big car park and facilities for toilet dump.Then next day through the tunnel and towards Heusca 114.9per ltr .Then Zarragossa and Teruel on the A23 down to Sagunto to the Centre Commerical, Petropix 1.058 per ltr. Good clean lit parking just up from here. After1164 miles, £212 fuel and 3.40 euro motorway costs and two nights, you can go left towards Peniscola andTarragona or right to Benidorm and Alicante. Not bad for a eighty year old and a 2003 Peugeot 2.8 Autocruise. But I always carry a spare gallon.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Costing a trip to Spain

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #2
Good going Paddy, wish I was there.
Keep us updated.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #3
Good info there Paddy,
Hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #4
Last week in Benidorm was not to clever, cool with some of the wet stuff ,put the dampeners on Paddies Day the whole town had something green going on and the people turned out suits, dresses, Hats Magners and Guinness went to town. We have a bit of a blow at the moment Storm Hugo. Lets hope it gets better for next week, but I see you are due a little more snow !

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Costing a trip to Spain

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #5
Adding in the price of the ferry one way, what would it have cost you ?.
And travel time from home to Spain ?
Interesting to to the actual comparison overall if you went on the new service.

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #6
Sprinter, I left at 9.30am Sunday morning and was down for wed about 6 pm. In euros 210 for the boat ,242 for fuel 4 for motorway giving a total 456 Euros. Even using the Santander you have to get across Spain. I am the only one driver,

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Costing a trip to Spain

· 
Posted: 25.03.2018  ·  #7
Quote by nilrac

Sprinter, I left at 9.30am Sunday morning and was down for wed about 6 pm. In euros 210 for the boat ,242 for fuel 4 for motorway giving a total 456 Euros. Even using the Santander you have to get across Spain. I am the only one driver,

That's great when you consider a couple of things.
The Irish end would be probably the same Rosslare/cork.
Santander to Sagunto would be a day 7/8 hrs.
You're only an extra 1.1/2 days with a considerable saving .
Not bad for an Old Fellow. :up: :shock:
Only one thing to add ,if you got your fuel in the yellow station in Camolin you would have saved 1cent per ltr :D

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.