Salt hill parking

sharon
Subject:

Salt hill parking

· 
Posted: 29.07.2016  ·  #1
Hi
Is there any on street parking allowed overnight in salthill with a disabled badge
Or where do people park
I do know about the keys in Galway city
Thank you

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Salt hill parking

· 
Posted: 29.07.2016  ·  #2
No on street that I know of,
Let us know how you get on :up:

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.07.2016  ·  #3
I heard you could park in the Swimming pool car park, but that might be only day time parking, I don't know for sure, Somebody else might know better.

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.03.2018  ·  #4
Any updates on anywhere to park in Salthill this weekend?
Don't want to stay on Galway docks Friday or Saturday with the St Patrick's day diversions, and want to spend Sunday night in Salthill to watch the Dublin Galway game.

Thanks.

just_manu
Love's the Craic
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.03.2018  ·  #5
Quote by AdiH

Any updates on anywhere to park in Salthill this weekend?
Don't want to stay on Galway docks Friday or Saturday with the St Patrick's day diversions, and want to spend Sunday night in Salthill to watch the Dublin Galway game.

Thanks.

Hi Adih,
We are planning to go to Galway on Friday evening for the parade etc planning to stay at the docks Friday and Saturday night for our first trip of the year.
We plan to be arriving in Galway around 7ish or maybe a bit later. Do you think we will get to the docks with diversions etc? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.03.2018  ·  #6
Come from the Oranmore side, slip into the village and take the coast road. This will bring you right into the docks about 150 metres from the overnight parking. Bring a bucket full of €2 coins for the parking meter.
Before you decide on going, check the weather forecast. There is some bad weather been predicted for this weekend, and the docklands MH parking does suffer with high seas.
My wife spent a weekend motorhoming in Galway back in November, and she commented about the amount of signage in Salthill banning MH parking.

AdiH
AdiH
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.03.2018  ·  #7
Just Manu,

We've now decided to chance Galway Docks for Friday and Saturday night too (armed with buckets of €2 coins lol) dived can be close to the Parade, bars and restaurants.

We can then head to one of the campsites in Salthill on the Sunday night to be close to Pearse Stadium and with 3 kids we're likely to need to empty toilet etc at that stage. Unless there are any other options but I don't see any on the app.

I'm hoping the Docks won't be too busy as we won't be leaving Dublin until after 6 Friday evening, and there are possibly 2 other motorhomes hoping to join us.

just_manu
Love's the Craic
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.03.2018  ·  #8
Quote by AdiH

Just Manu,

We've now decided to chance Galway Docks for Friday and Saturday night too (armed with buckets of €2 coins lol) dived can be close to the Parade, bars and restaurants.

We can then head to one of the campsites in Salthill on the Sunday night to be close to Pearse Stadium and with 3 kids we're likely to need to empty toilet etc at that stage. Unless there are any other options but I don't see any on the app.

I'm hoping the Docks won't be too busy as we won't be leaving Dublin until after 6 Friday evening, and there are possibly 2 other motorhomes hoping to join us.

Great, will say hello so!
We are planning something similar but maybe heading to Clifden or a campsite in connamara for the Sunday night.
We will be heading from Donegal and hopefully will be in Galway for 7 or 8.
I’ll update here when we arrive and let you know.
Also, I assume we will be able to load up the parking meter for the Saturday before heading into the town for the day and don’t have to return every few hours to buy another ticket?

AdiH
AdiH
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.03.2018  ·  #9
I hope so too, we've only ever really stayed there a night at a time or drove elsewhere during the day, and just bought more tickets the next day when were there packing up.

Likewise we'll keep you posted when we arrive on Friday evening too :)

Breeze
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 650
Base Vehicle: Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.03.2018  ·  #10
You can now pay in Galway Docks with credit/ debit Card to include extra hours in the morning if you wish to stay longer.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.