sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Comfortable Seats

· 
Posted: 30.01.2018  ·  #1
Looking for some recommendations for replacement of Sprinter seats, the ones we have are standard van seats on swivel base.
My Susie has difficulty now, travelling long distance (4hrs+) because it results in days of back pain.

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Comfortable Seats

· 
Posted: 30.01.2018  ·  #2
sprinter,have been told in the past by a white van man he fitted a ford galaxy/ seat alhambra/ voltswagen sharan front seat to his sprinter as you say his back was killing him. this was about 10 years ago . On line in the states there is an air cushion one for sprinters ,like the big trucks www.sprinterstore.com you might get some ideas as there is a lot to see

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.01.2018  ·  #3
By the fact that your seats are mounted on a swivel plate, I reckon that you could fit an type of a seat because there is only 4 m8 bolts holding them down. The swivel plate would leave drilling new holes very easy. As to what type or brand of seat, use a upmarket car. Maybe a trip to the breakers yard is in order because it cost the beakers money to get rid of seats.
Malcolm

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.01.2018  ·  #4
Volvo usually have comfortable seats, Most larger French cars are very comfy as well.

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.01.2018  ·  #5
found another one, www.shop4seats.com. I know we could not afford them but it cost nothing to look.

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.01.2018  ·  #6
Martin
Saw your note so messing around on net found these might be worth a visit, re padding would work wonders if the covers are OK

http://ambience.goldenpages.ie/

David

Betty Swollocks
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Geist
Base Vehicle: Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.02.2018  ·  #7
Quote by Thorn123

By the fact that your seats are mounted on a swivel plate, I reckon that you could fit any type of a seat because there is only 4 m8 bolts holding them down.
The swivel plate would leave drilling new holes very easy. As to what type or brand of seat, use a upmarket car. Maybe a trip to the breakers yard is in order because it cost the beakers money to get rid of seats.
Malcolm

I watched a program on TV years ago about an English Traffic Cop who got a really bad back from lots of miles in a Vauxhall car. After lots of research it was decided Saab had the best supportive seats and his employer fitted Saab seats to the Vauxhall (Opel).

His bad back gave no more bother........ if you do go down that road, I'd def research Saab seats.

As Malcolm said, it might be a cheap fix from a breakers yard.

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.02.2018  ·  #8
A mate of mine who did his own conversion on a Ducato fitted Saab seats, says it was a easy fix for him, (he restores vintage tractors for his hobby and tows them to show behind his Camper)
I do know he got them from a Scrap yard but not what model
David

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Comfortable Seats

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #9
I had a look around a few scrappers for seats , found Saab ,Volvo, Audi, Lexus ( which was all electric ) , Renault , I started out in Dauphin then 4,s 5,s 12s 16,s and had customers with 17 -18 - 25 and would agree they had some of the most comfortable seats , I now drive a Meganne and it has by far the worst Renault seat I have ever sat in. I am thinking maybe go for something with armrests , like you now have in the modern Van / Motorhome .
Has anyone ever come across anything like this one below ?

https://www.jennings-seats.co….000577.jpg

Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: Webmail.ie
My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #10
Austin Montego has the most comfortable seats I've sat in, probably the best part of those cars

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #11
Martin, for electric seats to work, they only need a positive and negative conection. All of the switches and control system are contained within the seat.
The photo of Jennings seat remind me of my agri machinery days.
A different suggest is to look at scrap seats out of 4×4. Is there a fellow in your neck of the woods called Knowles or Burton in that game?

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #12
Quote by sprinter

I had a look around a few scrappers for seats , found Saab ,Volvo, Audi, Lexus ( which was all electric ) , Renault , I started out in Dauphin then 4,s 5,s 12s 16,s and had customers with 17 -18 - 25 and would agree they had some of the most comfortable seats , I now drive a Meganne and it has by far the worst Renault seat I have ever sat in. I am thinking maybe go for something with armrests , like you now have in the modern Van / Motorhome .
Has anyone ever come across anything like this one below ?

That Looks like the Seat in my Tractor, it has its own compressor to change the Ride height depending on the weight of the Driver. I still would prefer the seat in my Renault Motorhome though.

oldautotrailer
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: autohomes windfall
Base Vehicle: 1999 peugeot boxer 1.9td
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.02.2018  ·  #13
i`m very interested in this subject i`ve been thinking about changing my own seats for a while now and have had a look at a few alternatives manily in breakers ford galaxy or similiar come with arm rests and i`m told require a little modifiying only, those seats in the picture look like iris seats fitted to a lot of vans/trucks and i seen them fitted in some older motorhomes so maybe a visit to a truck breakers?

Shantrek
Craic'er
Subject:

Swivel seats

· 
Posted: 10.10.2018  ·  #14
I have the standard Fiat Iveco Daily 35s11 high roof van conversion camper.
What comforable swivel seats can I fit and still have space to walk back into the living area without having to get out and back in the sliding door.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.10.2018  ·  #15
Quote by Shantrek

I have the standard Fiat Iveco Daily 35s11 high roof van conversion camper.
What comforable swivel seats can I fit and still have space to walk back into the living area without having to get out and back in the sliding door.

I got a pair of these secondhand on eBay and mounted them on the original swivel plates.
The original twin seats were removed from the passenger side and a second driver's side single mounting block and seat were originally fitted to our van.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.