Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B514SL
Base Vehicle: 2007 Fiat Ducati 2.3 130 ps
Subject:

Cork County council

· 
Posted: 05.02.2018  ·  #1
Cork County Council’s Motorhome Policy to create further tourism opportunities

Cork County Council has produced a Motorhome Policy to cater for the growth potential of the sector while also benefitting areas of the county that may be lacking in other forms of accommodation.

2015 figures issued by the European Caravan Federation stated that there were approximately 1.7 million motorhomes registered in Europe with the highest levels of ownership in Germany, Italy, France and the United Kingdom.

These figures indicate that there is a significant market in overseas motorhome tourism as well as within the Irish domestic market. Cork County Council will in the coming months establish a steering group, comprising of representatives from the Council, the Irish Caravan & Camping Council, Tourism & Hospitality providers, Motorhome Sector representatives, Fáilte Ireland and other relevant statutory bodies to develop the policy.

The Mayor of the County of Cork, Cllr Declan Hurley believes this is a growing form of tourism and one which Cork could capitalise upon, “The clear choice of location for motorhome services in County Cork are existing commercial and accredited camping facilities. We want to provide services for caravans and motorhomes in areas where they currently do not exist which will enable the growth of motor home facilities and ultimately tourism.”

Cork County Council recognises that there are gaps in the geographical spread of suitable facilities throughout the county and in consultation with other stakeholders, will identify a list of potential pilot locations for the delivery of community led small-scale motorhome services. These locations will be in areas of the county that are not serviced by existing commercial facilities.

The full policy can be read http://ow.ly/CoLn30icMfx

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Cork County council

· 
Posted: 05.02.2018  ·  #2
Its great to see something happening , not sure its the right thing , Is it me or can anyone else see the mix up in the two statements. the problems I see are .
( services for caravans ) ( other stakeholders ) ( will identify a list of potential pilot locations )

“The clear choice of location for motorhome services in County Cork are existing commercial and accredited camping facilities. We want to provide services for caravans and motorhomes in areas where they currently do not exist which will enable the growth of motor home facilities and ultimately tourism.”

" Cork County Council recognises that there are gaps in the geographical spread of suitable facilities throughout the county and in consultation with other stakeholders, will identify a list of potential pilot locations for the delivery of community led small-scale motorhome services. These locations will be in areas of the county that are not serviced by existing commercial facilities. "

Hymer Cork
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B514SL
Base Vehicle: 2007 Fiat Ducati 2.3 130 ps
Subject:

Re: Cork County council

· 
Posted: 05.02.2018  ·  #3
Maybe a letter is in order to put the Motorhomers side accross to the Council...

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.02.2018  ·  #4
Quote by Rimor superbrig

Maybe a letter is in order to put the Motorhomers side accross to the Council...

I think we need to do something, I don't like the sound of the Irish Caravan & Camping Council been mentioned first on their list, (who the hell are they?) for Motorhome Parking site advice, I see no mention of Motorhome craic or the Phoenix Motorhome Club who have been instrumental in lobbying and giving advice on Motorhome matters in this nick of the woods over the years.

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.02.2018  ·  #5
CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.02.2018  ·  #6
Quote by hymer524

Irish Caravan & Camping Council,
Kilshanny,
Mitchelstown,
Co. Cork

http://www.camping-ireland.ie/about

The present day organisation is composed of approximately 100 caravan and camping park operators

Here we go again, we will see no Aires if these Boys get their way

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.02.2018  ·  #7
Irish caravan and camping council is the representative group for commercial camping/caravan parks.
The main impression that I took for the report is to develop something using a private person/company eg like Dick's field in Ardmore.
It is very interesting that a men's shed group responded, this might have merit to explore because a community group does the work and keeps the profit, while the council provides the indemnity insurance.
Malcolm

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.02.2018  ·  #8
This is from their website.
The remit of the Irish Caravan and Camping Council is to:

To ensure members interests are taken into account in policy formation through Industry representation
Develop a coherent and strategic marketing programme for caravan and camping in Ireland.
To encourage product quality and development
To provide advice and information to members on a wide range of issues
To Provide a range of services and benefits which will maximise membership
To seek constantly to fulfill these objectives at least cost to members
Through membership of the European Federation of Camping Site Organisations and Holiday Park Associations (EFCO&HPA), represent the views of the Irish caravan industry on a European stage

notice anything missing

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.02.2018  ·  #9
In the original Draft document there was no mention of representation from the motorhome users sector. we are now included in the document released on Monday 5th.

I should also mention that despite all the references to Fáilte Ireland's standards for caravan and camping parks in the document F.I are currently working on separate stand alone standard for motorhome parking areas and service bays.
F.I. have visited Cobh to see how the MH parking there is set up and their final standard will be influenced by best practice in Europe.

It is hoped that a robust representation from the motorhome sector will be successful in rebutting the I.C.C.C. attempts to have overnight parking restricted to their members caravan and camping parks. The Phoenix Motorhome Club Ireland does get a mention in the Co. Co. document.

As an aside, Cork City Council are reported to be well advanced in their plans to provide an appropriate overnight parking place for the city. It will not be the P+R at Black Ash.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.