Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: Van broken into at carcassonne

· 
Posted: 13.01.2018  ·  #41
Quote by mad max

Save your selves all the hassel lads, just buy cheap bikes for the back of the van and let them be seen to be cheap and they will not be touched 👍

The problem is cheap bike are heavy, usually steel made. Their weight also balls up the payload especially with modern MH been mostly 3500kg max.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.01.2018  ·  #42
Quote by Thorn123

Quote by mad max

Save your selves all the hassel lads, just buy cheap bikes for the back of the van and let them be seen to be cheap and they will not be touched 👍

The problem is cheap bike are heavy, usually steel made. Their weight also balls up the payload especially with modern MH been mostly 3500kg max.

I know, i have a Raliegh that is as auld as the hills and weight about 3 stone alone, but not many pay too much heed on it, even if i forger to put the lock on it

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.01.2018  ·  #43
I just have been unlucky. When I take bikes now I put them in the garage of the van which is protected by the Strikeback alarm. I never leave them outside when parked. Most of the time I take a 125cc scooter and at night shackle it to the van with the mother of all chains

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.01.2018  ·  #44
I wouldn't get too hung up about the bikes been stolen on aires, there will probably be three times as many Bikes there than Motorhomes and the chances of them been stolen is no different to here at home. you have no business going on Holiday if you cant relax and enjoy it. We used to carry two old bikes but they were heavy as lead, we replaced them with two new ones with easy fit/steal wheels so we now run two safety cables through the frames, wheels, bike rack, and cover them with a blue canvas tarpaulin fastened with bungee balls

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2018  ·  #45
Quote by Thorn123

Good point - all of ours are lightweight hybrid bikes that are under the Fiamma bike rack weight limit.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.