Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: 25% off irish ferries

· 
Posted: 11.01.2018  ·  #3
Still a rip off, I just checked prices going out on 18th and back on the 28th of January €358. Using same information and dates I can go from Dublin to Cherbourg for €300. Could someone in Irish Ferries please try and justify this robbery, I'd love to hear what type of bullskit they come up with. AAAAAAAAAAAAGH 🇧🇭 🇧🇭

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

25% off irish ferries

· 
Posted: 11.01.2018  ·  #4
Quote by Flipperdipper

Still a rip off, I just checked prices going out on 18th and back on the 28th of January €358. Using same information and dates I can go from Dublin to Cherbourg for €300. Could someone in Irish Ferries please try and justify this robbery, I'd love to hear what type of bullskit they come up with. AAAAAAAAAAAAGH 🇧🇭 🇧🇭

I have been banging my head against that wall for 20 years and never once did I get any answers.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.01.2018  ·  #5
Quote by sprinter

I have been banging my head against that wall for 20 years and never once did I get any answers.

It's simple.

They charge that much because they can, because we let them away with it, because we have no choice. Price fixing, and not one politician will do anything about it, quoting "it's a commercial decision"

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.01.2018  ·  #6
folks, how long does it take to work out its a syndicate, Folks of my age remember companies like Townsend Thorsen, Sally Lines and a few others that dared to break the stranglehold that the then British Rail had on the ports. Brittany Ferries was born out of leaving fresh veg lying on the docks to rot so the French farmers started their own line. Townsend was a great success so what happened P & O bought them out. Sally Line they squeezed out and good old Celtic Line were bought out by Stena who had bought out Sealink. The Irish Government is the biggest shareholder in Irish Ferries so what chance do we have of a Calais /dover service or prices . Perhaps we should get Mc Aplines lads with the hankie with 4 knots on the head to come back and dig our own tunnel , it could have its own service area on an man made island in the middle of the irish sea. Now that the Chinese don't want our crap we will have to put it somewhere.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.01.2018  ·  #7
What would you expect when a company is let use , what appearers be the a national emblem Irish Ferries and sails under a flag of convenience.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.01.2018  ·  #8
I think the EU sorted out the rip off on the Scottish Iles ferries so why can't they sort out the Irish sea rip off

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

25% off irish ferries

· 
Posted: 12.01.2018  ·  #9
Quote by eirebus

I think the EU sorted out the rip off on the Scottish Iles ferries so why can't they sort out the Irish sea rip off

? did the EU actually do something good for the UK ?

Maybe that's where this needs to go, because the Irish Government will certainly not. , they don't give s sh*t and the Truckers got nowhere .

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.01.2018  ·  #10
I stand to be corrected on that but I think I'm right , just got a price for a week in February e333 on the Swift , so have decided I will stay here with my money and have a better week away ,no profit in that for IF and how many others do the same

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

25% off irish ferries

· 
Posted: 12.01.2018  ·  #11
Quote by eirebus

I stand to be corrected on that but I think I'm right , just got a price for a week in February e333 on the Swift , so have decided I will stay here with my money and have a better week away ,no profit in that for IF and how many others do the same

We need Michael .I remember when it cost the same amount in Pounds to fly to London.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.01.2018  ·  #12
Someone has to pay for Irish Ferries 2 new boats that I believe to be €140 million each.
The WB Yeats was financed by €70 million of their own money and the balance by the European Central Bank.
I reckon that after Brexit, if Europe are throwing around money to compensate Ireland for the lost of the land link through the Uk, the €70 million due to the EU bank be written off for Irish Ferries.
One to watch.
Malcolm

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.01.2018  ·  #13
Celtic Link was the first trip we took to France pre-camper days 2007, they were way cheaper than anyone else at the time and gave a free meal as well.
The MV Diplomat was a bit ropey though at that stage.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.01.2018  ·  #14
Quote by Thorn123

Someone has to pay for Irish Ferries 2 new boats that I believe to be €140 million each.

€482 return, including cabins and flexi each way going out Aug home Sep,with IF. I don't think that is bad, Hopefully we will get to use it now

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.01.2018  ·  #15
Chausson...that’s not bad as Aug is high season. Got similar figure for May but still not booked, only throwing up dates, but this time we have a dog, so It so up €90 for us....last year stayed in Irelnd touring for Sept, coming home for one weekend for a birthday.

Not too much difference in price between IF & Stena, though Stena had free kennel and as Jon said the other day could check on dogs unlimited number of times but all their lower range cabins sold out.

Which is the nicer ship, generally I will stay in cabin for whole trip, quick visit duty free. Restaurant if flat calm, (generally bring our own food to cabin) don’t go to bar or cinema, no kids so don’t need to go to play area. One thing I did like when we only had option of 3 star, the cabin had TV.(€20 extra for 3 star) . We always pick flexi.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.01.2018  ·  #16
Quote by R&N

Chausson...that’s not bad as Aug is high season.

We have gone in August a lot as we love the fact there is so much on during the french holidays.

Quote by R&N

Not too much difference in price between IF & Stena,

This is true although we prefer IF as the arrival time is much earlier in the day meaning a long days drive gets us well down the country on day one. This isn't a problem for anyone with loads of time.

Quote by R&N

Which is the nicer ship,

The cabins are much the same however on the one occasion we traveled on the Horizon I thought the cabins were in better condition than Oscar Wilde.

Quote by R&N

Restaurant if flat calm, (generally bring our own food to cabin)

Oscar Wilde has more choice for eating as it has three places to eat.

We are sailing on the new IF boat out of Dublin this summer so it will be interesting to see how different it is.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.