TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Panic

· 
Posted: 06.01.2018  ·  #1
Picture a middle aged guy with the top half of his body head down in a seat box through to the bottom of a double floor with his finger over the top of a broken fitting trying to stop water filling the double floor. That was myself today when I decided to tighten a fitting on the water pump. I had a small leak at the pump and thought it just needed a ‘little turn’. My little turn wasn’t so little and it broke it off in my hand loads of water started gushing out of the pipe all over the batteries and into the double floor. The pipe was too short to bend shut so I had to put my finger over it but that left me in a predicament, do I leave it to fill the van and get a container or stay there until found. Luckily I had my phone in my pocket and was able to ring her indoors. Not so easy when upside down. I was beside the fresh water tank so pulled the plug and dumped all the water. This didn’t help as it was coming from the water heater that was full of boiling water. Ah well got it drained so off to get a fitting. The fitting was a right angle one so am going to replace with a straight.

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

Re: Panic

· 
Posted: 06.01.2018  ·  #2
Well if you had your phone where are the photos?

You do know that wherever and whenever someone puts on a technical point photos are nearly a must

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Panic

· 
Posted: 07.01.2018  ·  #3
Quote by heanorboy

Well if you had your phone where are the photos?

You do know that wherever and whenever someone puts on a technical point photos are nearly a must

Never mind that ,where are the photos your wife took with you upside down doing your thing. :lol:

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2018  ·  #4
I work as a hydraulic fitter and often get caught with a drip that needs a small nip but it drip is always in a god forsaken spot. The important lesson that I have learnt is to have to no pressure in the system as in the pump is turned off. This simple thing allows for successful tightening without breaking.
Malcolm

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2018  ·  #5
You actually want photos of me soaking wet and looking like a drowned rat. Fair play I would want the same. I 'll get some next time

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2018  ·  #6
Did something similar myself, the top of the little water filter before the pump, in the back under a bed, was leaking slightly, so gave it a turn. Bloody thing came off in hand, someone before me had broken and repaired it with silicon .... Luckily I had a spare so had to quickly go to my spares locker, grab it and rush back and screw it on. A dozen towels later all was good, must get another spare one ..😂

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2018  ·  #7
I have a ‘man’ drawer in the van with bits and bobs but didn’t have the necessary part

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2018  ·  #8
Class! We all have been in situations like this at some point... herself is used to received calls from me stuck on something or with my hands full of grease and grime where I wouldn't there to touch a door.

Luckily you were able to get it sorted and minimize the flooding!!!

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2018  ·  #9
Quote by TommyS

I have a ‘man’ drawer in the van with bits and bobs but didn’t have the necessary part

We have a similar drawer we call it the" Mc Gyver " drawer :D

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.