CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

Re: Replacement engine

· 
Posted: 11.12.2017  ·  #42
Great you are back on the road, Malcom! but if it was mine she would be getting the road straight away while there is warranty on that new engine, A seven year old Motorhome on its third engine, I don't know, I wouldn't be waiting for another bang.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2017  ·  #43
Well Pat, as soon as this snow and ice disappears, the plan is use the MH as a daily driver when possible. We have to rack up 750 miles to run in the new engine, then it is to go back for an oil change and a proper calibration. The replacement engine has as many things bypassed as possible (erg, etc). Currently it is set at less than120bhp (standard transit power). To increase the bhp, we risk another bang at a future date, so we just have to get use to lower hp.
I don't think that we will purchase a ford of any description again.
Malcolm

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2017  ·  #44

I bought a new Ford Transit van in Jan 2000.By June of the same year it was back in Fords possession with 3k on it.While I had it it was only on the road for 4 weeks.
After a court battle which I had to employ a barrister I ended up with 5000e, my money back, and fees paid.I would not like to go through it again,or EVER buy a Ford again.
Stick with the reliable Fiat :up:

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2017  ·  #45
Quote by TAYLOR.

I bought a new Ford Transit van in Jan 2000.By June of the same year it was back in Fords possession with 3k on it.While I had it it was only on the road for 4 weeks.
After a court battle which I had to employ a barrister I ended up with 5000e, my money back, and fees paid.I would not like to go through it again,or EVER buy a Ford again.

Funny you said that Ken, when we bought our first Motorhome it was a Ford or Mercedes I was looking for, I wasn't considering a Fiat or Renault. Anyway I ended up with both a Fiat and Renault and both proved to be excellent, in fact the modern Ford or Mercedes are probably the worst bases and the old ones were bullet proof.

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.12.2017  ·  #46
Quote by CHAUSSON

Quote by TAYLOR.

Funny you said that Ken, when we bought our first Motorhome it was a Ford or Mercedes I was looking for, I wasn't considering a Fiat or Renault. Anyway I ended up with both a Fiat and Renault and both proved to be excellent, in fact the modern Ford or Mercedes are probably the worst bases and the old ones were bullet proof.

My last van a Rapido based on a Mercedes chassis that i bought new gave starter and engine management trouble in its first year.So Fiat for me. :up:

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.