StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Lorqui Spain

· 
Posted: 28.11.2017  ·  #1
We arrived at the aire in Lorqui on Sunday having used the same aire in January. It was quiet when we arrived only 2 other MHs both parked in line with the pavement instead of at 45degrees as per the marked bays, we parked correctly at 45 degrees. We saw lots of litter on a raised area close to where we had parked so we bagged it all up and put in the bin less than 50 metres from us. Shortly after that another MH arrived and despite loads of space it parked as close as possible to us, it did park correctly at 45 degrees. At 9.30pm a car parked in one of the MH bays and 3 Spanish men got out and sat on the raises area next to the MH that had parked beside us. The 3 lads insisted on shouting to each other rather than talking. They had come with a take away and as they finished each item they threw their rubbish on the floor. Then one lad decided to urinate directly in front of our neighbours van. I had enough and beeped my horn to let the lads know they were being watched and to alert the other MHs I then got out and explained using hand gestures etc that their behaviour was un acceptable, surprisingly they agreed and moved to the other side of the park and left soon after. I was a bit disappointed that the other people in MHs did nothing.
The next morning I was thinking that we could be a target for a bit of fun for the Spanish lads that night if they came back and I was thinking of moving to Ceuti another aire about 2km away when I saw a market being set up which meant we could not leave the aire until the market packed up. We decided to stay an extra night. So last night, Monday I had just gone to bed early at around 9.30 when a full Spanish marching band started practicing 50 metres from our MH. I did not remonstrate with the 30 or so band members no I sat it out and waited til they finished a short while later.
That said I like the aire and I will use it again. I'm disappointed that some of the other MH owners park in a manner that they shouldn't but I'm not going to try and explain the basics to other nationalities that should know better and will complain when the aire is taken away.
We have been away 4 weeks now and I'll try to do another post later listing some of the salient points of our holiday so far.
P.S it rained today for 5 minutes the first rain we have had so far in Spain.

Robbie
Starline S680
My Motorhome: Hymer S680
Base Vehicle: Mercedes
Subject:

Re: Lorqui Spain

· 
Posted: 28.11.2017  ·  #2
Your a right bit South of us and some rain here today just inland of Alicante . Weather not looking to hot for Tmw.
Must admit I've been very surprised with the amount of litter we have seen in spain. Total opposite of France.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.