kevinmoore
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Benimar 494 Tessoro
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Busy Summer!

· 
Posted: 06.10.2017  ·  #1
Well it's been a busy Summer, what with one thing and another... So we're just back from 3 weeks touring, Rosslare-Cherbourg then up to Amsterdam for work for a few days, followed by a roadtrip,down through France. Stopped off in Metz- beautiful city! Then on to Lyon, also beautiful, and then to join up with my sister in Autinac near Beziers for a birthday celebration for fellow motorhomers. It's a tiny village in the middle of no-where, but while we were there, there were 3 motorhomes there- ours, our friends, and one belonging to to a villager. Plus my sister's neighbours told us they've ordered a brand new Moho and get it this month- a brand new Sunlight costing €50K, same van here is about €70K!

Anyhow after a very pleasant few days, during which we bought the wine for our daughter's wedding next year, (which alone saved the ferry cost!) we headed down to Roses in Spain for a few days, followed by a pretty intense 2 day drive up to Cherbourg for the return ferry. Pretty packed, and a lot of miles, but the 3 weeks felt like ages away.

Definitely was worth the trip, our second of the year, and every bit as good as the first!

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Busy Summer!

· 
Posted: 07.10.2017  ·  #2
Wow, 2 days from Spain back to Cherbourg, you made good time.

killiand
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Traveller S520
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato (1993)
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.10.2017  ·  #3
Jaysus Kevin, with all that wine you obviously couldn't fit some sunshine in to bring back to us poor folk ☺ Sounds like a great trip, exactly what the MH is for!

kevinmoore
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Benimar 494 Tessoro
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.10.2017  ·  #4
Yep Jamie, two pretty long days drive on motorways, but we figured it was worth it for the couple of day's sunshine. Plus the Oscar Wilde departure of 9.30 pm gave us a good long run of it on the Saturday.

And yep Killian, it's exactly what we bought the van for, use it as much as we can!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.