Extra sleeping area in the cab

nightowl
Craic'er
Subject:

Extra sleeping area in the cab

· 
Posted: 04.10.2017  ·  #1
Hi,

I have a Ford transit convert. Looking at the cab area I feel I could put a child or myself ( Im not tall ) asleep across.

the seats are comfortable enough and I have the curtains. last night i blew up a single air bed. fits grand but is wider than the seats so if you rolled over you could slip down I guess.

Have any of you fashioned a little bed area in the front cab at all?

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Extra sleeping area in the cab

· 
Posted: 04.10.2017  ·  #2
Did see a good idea once, they had a harness type fixture that went over the top, like a cap,
on the turned around seats holding the inner rod and two u clips on the door pots that the outer rod fitted into. This left a hammock style bunk .

cowboy70
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Elddis encore 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducat 2.3/ 9 speed auto 140bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.10.2017  ·  #3
I had a transit van camper it was a 2 berth but when we fostered a child I converted the front seats at night for her to sleep and it was very comfortable. I used some mdf to make the base about 4ft by 2ft and cut out a gap in the mdf for the gear knob to fit I then used 1 piece of 3 inch foam 2ft by 5.5 ft as the mattress iv often had a snooze during the day very comfortable

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.10.2017  ·  #4
There is an air bed which also fills the gap between the seat and the floor, just google" air bed for car ", I just checked myself and they are still available.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.