Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

Recent letter to ADAC members

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #1
In case any ADAC members received a letter from Munich recently in german it was just to inform you that you wont be getting the Motorwelt magazine anymore as it costs x4 to post to non german countries.
YOu will however receive another letter soon with details to allow you to login to the ADAC 'Motorworld' website instead.

Mit freundlichen gruben!

Kevin

SuperbrigKid
Craic'er
My Motorhome: C Line 5.0 QB L
Base Vehicle: Carthago 180bhp
Subject:

Re: Recent letter to ADAC members

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #2
Thanks Kevin
I received it and thought I better make an attempt at translating when I get time but have already forgotten about it.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #3
Quote by Hymer544

In case any ADAC members received a letter from Munich recently in german it was just to inform you that you wont be getting the Motorwelt magazine anymore as it costs x4 to post to non german countries.
YOu will however receive another letter soon with details to allow you to login to the ADAC 'Motorworld' website instead.

Mit freundlichen gruben!

Kevin

Yes Kevin got the same letter and had to get a German co worker of my wife to translate it, pity it was not in English it looks interesting. Probably better on line, we might be able to translate it

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Recent letter to ADAC members

· 
Posted: 30.09.2017  ·  #4
Quote by CHAUSSON

Quote by Hymer544

Mit freundlichen gruben!

Kevin

Yes Kevin got the same letter and had to get a German co worker of my wife to translate it, pity it was not in English it looks interesting. Probably better on line, we might be able to translate it

I have to agree the mag did look interesting ,like you I hope the web version is available in English.
I also think they are right, it seemed pointless to me to post a Mag. in German to non German speakers and we where getting two in the post.

joeirish
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.10.2017  ·  #5
Just tried to join ADAC but the online form could not handle my Irish details. How did oyher folk manage to join?

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.10.2017  ·  #6
Im quoting Johnnymac from a thread on the ‘seized engine in France’ thread.
I’ll be calling to join too before we leave on our next trip.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on

Quote by johnnymac

Johnny, could you share the contact details for ADAC please as I might get it rather than doing individual ones for each trip.
Jack the Rev
Co Antrim

Hi Jack,
I called the number that was listed in this thread. The lady that answered the phone asked me to email me and my wife's full details, full names, address, dates of birth and email these to service@adac.de I did all this and waited for a couple of days and I didn't hear anything from them. On a UK motorghome website I saw a thread about ADAC and it gave an email address of ann-katrin.zintl@sby.adac.de so I emailed her and had a reply the next day telling me how to join, so I joined for the two of us it was €113.00 euro including a €4.00 joining charge. She emailed me back our membership numbers right away and sent the policy details in English by email and said that we should receive the membership cards by post in about 4 weeks. The next day I received an email from service@adac.de stating this:

"Thank you for your message and interest in joining ADAC.
Please note that the ADAC (Plus) membership provides a reduced range of services and benefits
for members residing outside Germany. The classic membership covers breakdown assistance in
Germany only.
ADAC Plus members will not be entitled to benefits such as spare parts dispatch, vehicle customs
duties and scrapping, credits and cash service in Germany and in their country of residence.
In view of the above, would you please verify whether a local organisation offers a product that
better suits your needs.
Under the FIA umbrella organisation, ADAC cooperates with other automobile clubs. We believe
that your local automobile club might offer products that provide more comprehensive protection.
Please do not hesitate to get back to us with any questions.
Yours sincerely"
This didn't bother me too much as after reading joeirish's story I was really only interested in repatriation and this still seems to be covered. We were in France, Spain and Portugal earlier this year for six weeks and I hate to think what would have happened if we had broken down on the Algarve and to get the motorhome back home would have probably cost a small fortune.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.10.2017  ·  #7
joeirish
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2017  ·  #8
Just gkt an email reply saying that from Oct 1st it is not possible for people outside Germany to join ADAC. Now what.

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria 660SP
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2017  ·  #9
You must ask for ADAC PLUS as normal ADAC membership only covers Germany and phone or E-mail.

joeirish
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2017  ·  #10
Quote by johnnymac

You must ask for ADAC PLUS as normal ADAC membership only covers Germany and phone or E-mail.

This is what they said

"unfortunately from the 1st of October 2017 the ADAC Mobile Club in Germany is not allowed to take out any new memberships for interested people with a residence outside from Germany.

For existing Members is it still possible to renew the existing breakdown cover insurance over the phone and stay as a member in ADAC Mobile Club."

So it looks like it applies to the ADAC PLUS membership also.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2017  ·  #11
This is the answer that at least one other person on an English forum has had. It has been on the cards for several years although in previous occasions it has proved not to be the case.

Davy

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.