Rapido12
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Dometic rmd 8505

· 
Posted: 06.09.2017  ·  #1
My fridge has stopped cooling while on 230 v. The lights are all on indicating electricity is going into the fridge. Anyone any idea of what the problem could be?

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Dometic rmd 8505

· 
Posted: 06.09.2017  ·  #2
Quote by Rapido12

My fridge has stopped cooling while on 230 v. The lights are all on indicating electricity is going into the fridge. Anyone any idea of what the problem could be?

The lights are 12v so they don't mean 230v is getting to the fridge.

Have you checked the trip on the mains consumer unit.

On mine there is a plug & socket at the back of the fridge where the 230v lead for the fridge plugs in, is there power at that point (you should be able to see this plug & socket if you remove the bottom grill on the outside.

If there is power at that point it is probable that the 230v heater element is RIP, unless the issue is with the energy selection control/machanism.
If you're competent with a multi-meter you can check if there is power on the wires going to the heater element, if there is that would confirm the heater element is the problem if there isn't and there is at the plug then it's likely the control mechanism in the fridge is the culprit.

If the heater element needs replacing be sure you get the correct one for your fridge model with the correct wattage

Rapido12
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Dometic rmd 8505

· 
Posted: 06.09.2017  ·  #3
Thanks for that

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.