nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Calais

· 
Posted: 27.07.2017  ·  #1
Did anyone see the article yesterdays Daily Mail UK entitled "Calais migrants may attack tourists" This says the Road Haulage Association were warning Motorhomers and caravaners of danger of attack after migrants hit a driver on the head with a brick, left him for dead and made off in his truck. he is now in a serious way in hospital.Their advice is to keep your doors locked at all times and do NOT stop in Calais. There is now over 700 migrants sleeping rough around Calais and the residents are asking for the french military to disperse them

Peter Koster
Craic'er
Homepage: hurktoilet.nl/inde…
My Motorhome: Pössl 2Win
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

Re: Calais

· 
Posted: 27.07.2017  ·  #2
Peter Koster
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.07.2017  ·  #3
Plenty of British newspapers about this story, but so far I found nothing in French media. Some websites do have (only since a few hours) a translated version of the Express article. But I found no official French source.
I did find an article about a new jungle at Grande Synthe (Dunkerque Port, but in fact half way Dunkerque and Calais)

Peter Koster
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.07.2017  ·  #4
I found this warning by Kühne and Nagel, a huge German transport company. Seems to be a copy of the warning issued by the British Police. However, I couldn't find the original warning.

Peter Koster
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.07.2017  ·  #5
I don't know what to think. If tourists may be targets? As far as I know, they have not been. But that's no garantee.
Anyway, keep in mind the advice to stay in your vehicle and call the police if it happens. Call 1-1-2 or 17. At 1-1-2, they should (at least in theory) be able to speak english. If not, say: des migrants m'attaquent (migrants are attacking me).

simplybikes
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.08.2017  ·  #6
Has anybody been through Calais recently? I'm due to travel there next Tuesday on my way to Holland and having read the previous posts am starting to regret going there.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.08.2017  ·  #7
I was through it on Sunday evening, no issues didnt see any migrants. There were signs saying to slow down due to people and obstacles in the road but again nothing, I did say to the wife however if someone steps infront of me they better be as quick as Usain Bolt as they will become a bonnet ornament.

simplybikes
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.08.2017  ·  #8
I love it. Thanks for that.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.08.2017  ·  #9
when you arrive you basically drive out with no checks, on the way back you will have a French soldier look inside the vehicle. Apart from the usual passport checks thats it.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Calais

· 
Posted: 03.08.2017  ·  #10
Quote by the fat controller

when you arrive you basically drive out with no checks, on the way back you will have a French soldier look inside the vehicle. Apart from the usual passport checks thats it.

As above we went trough late June and just drove straight out and saw to young Lads sitting on the roadside barrier on the out word side.
MySon on the way back out early July, said he and everyone else were checked ,all cupboard and possible hiding places.

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.08.2017  ·  #11
Came through Calais Eurotunnel Sunday night. Spent night in Calais at cite De Europe both at first and last night. Saw absolutely no migrants and felt less anxious about the media reporting than we have there for a few years...also with the fence building that has gone on there, migrants would need to be extremely inventive to get through to the channel tunnel site at least...rest easy

D A V
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2017  ·  #12
I came through last Thursday no problems saw nothing,no problems at all.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.