Things to do in UK?

Starting in Thomas the Tank Engine Land and finishing up around Peppa land in the south.

moomat
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Mercedes 709d
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Things to do in UK?

· 
Posted: 06.08.2017  ·  #1
Heading to the UK soon for 10 days. 2 adults, 2 year old and 8 month old.

We will definitely visit Thomas Land and Peppa Land. Other than that we're open to suggestions! We generally try to avoid cities / large towns and much prefer rural locations/historic sites etc.

Any places you consider a must see?

We like campsites that are a little closer to nature rather than manicured with all the bells and whistles. Glad to hear of any recommendations for campsites, especially thise near lakes/forest/mountains etc.

Thanks

Carnsoreboxer
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Re: Things to do in UK?

· 
Posted: 06.08.2017  ·  #2
We travel to the UK very frequently and find Brit Stops a great help. List of restaurants, pubs and farms that you may park at and some in fabulous locations. www.britstops.com

Whereas Stonehenge is interesting Amesbury is absolutely fascinating and well worth a visit

There is a campsite within walking distance or Bath, driving through city a nightmare, however, it does book up early

moomat
Love's the Craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2017  ·  #3
Thanks! I will probably give Britstops a try. We use France Passion in France and love it.

Stone Henge looks great, I think we'll visit. What is there to see in Amesbury?

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2017  ·  #4
I have a grandson aged 2 and when they come and visit the most important thing is a visit to PUXTON PARK near Weston Super Mare https://www.puxton.co.uk/
It is less than 1 mile from Junction 21 M5 and has more than enough to keep a 2yo occupied and compared to places like Drayton Manor park is aimed at their age group and hence costs a lot less. WSM has had millions spent on it in the past few years and the beach is very good with real old time donkey rides and a great pier.
If you are heading for Stone Henge it will be either on your way there or back
David

Carnsoreboxer
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2017  ·  #5
Amesbury is like Stonehenge but with no visitor centre or fence to hold you back. You can literally walking among the stones. Incredible. You could do both as quite close together

moomat
Love's the Craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.08.2017  ·  #6
Thanks, looks great!

Quote by heanorboy

I have a grandson aged 2 and when they come and visit the most important thing is a visit to PUXTON PARK near Weston Super Mare https://www.puxton.co.uk/
It is less than 1 mile from Junction 21 M5 and has more than enough to keep a 2yo occupied and compared to places like Drayton Manor park is aimed at their age group and hence costs a lot less. WSM has had millions spent on it in the past few years and the beach is very good with real old time donkey rides and a great pier.
If you are heading for Stone Henge it will be either on your way there or back
David

moomat
Love's the Craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.08.2017  ·  #7
I can't find that place. I keep getting links to Stonehenge. Sounds interesting - could you send me a link if you have a chance please? Thanks

Quote by Carnsoreboxer

Amesbury is like Stonehenge but with no visitor centre or fence to hold you back. You can literally walking among the stones. Incredible. You could do both as quite close together

Carnsoreboxer
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.08.2017  ·  #8
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.