Craic'er
My Motorhome: Autotrail Chieftain
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Family Holiday Northern Ireland

· 
Posted: 29.06.2015  ·  #1
Hi

we are planning on traveling up North in August, will probably do a 7 to 10 day trip, so I am looking for recommendation for campsites up north.

We have no plans so we are going to base our trip on the best facilities for us.

we are looking for family friendly sites with ideally a shop and bar with food close by, near attractions like cycling ways or beeches, any tips appreciated.

Thanks

jonny.i
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 FML
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducatto
Subject:

Re: Family Holiday Northern Ireland

· 
Posted: 29.06.2015  ·  #2
Benone in Limavady,won multible awards for blue flag beach,try and get into the counsil site heated outdoor swimming pool and loads more
Benone Tourist Complex and Beach - TripAdvisor
www.tripadvisor.co.uk › ... › Limavady › Things to do in Limavady

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.06.2015  ·  #3
What about wilding in Newcastle, there's one place about two metres from the beach, and another about five. Loads of shops and entertainment for kids. And,,, safe!

Hessy Hymer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1992 Hymer B534
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.5TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.06.2015  ·  #4
We like Ballycastle with Hagans - excellent indoor heated pool and slide, Pub, games arcade and shops/ seaside just down the hill.
Discount for craicers too

Day Dream
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Autotrail Chieftain
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.07.2015  ·  #5
all sounds good so far, due to pick up the new motorhome before this weekend, all the family are getting very excited about a holiday up north.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.07.2017  ·  #6
We are heading up soon with two 11 yr olds ( B&G ) I was thinking of Annalong , is this a good site , any other suggestions appreaciated

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.07.2017  ·  #7
Are you considering the campsite or Aires. If Aires, then No. Probably better to go on to Newcastle.

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.07.2017  ·  #8
http://www.carnfunnock.co.uk/

This one is usually passed by as people are keen to commence the Antrim Coast Rd run and this one is at the start of it just outside Larne.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.07.2017  ·  #9
Using campsites as we have 2 grandkids with us
That site looks good Jayne

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2017  ·  #10
The Grandkids will love all the activities there for them, you will love the country park location with all it's walks , nice clean washroom facilities, cafe on site . Although the pitches are hardstanding each with elec, water and drains they are laid out a bit badly in my opinion ie directly facing another pitch and quite close, but the rest makes up for it . There is only about 30 of them so book early in advance as they can be in demand in the holiday season.

Camigo
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.07.2017  ·  #11
For anyone touring in the North and heading for the Antrim Coast Road and the Glens o for Antrim you might come across the AIRE at The Bentra in Whitehead. While The Bentra Roadhouse is a good place for a meal, there are loads of other attractions to investigate in this area.
The town of Whitehead is well worth a visit with some excellent Edwardian architecture, a fine promenade with views across Belfast Lough towards County Down, and a wealth of coffee shops and a well stocked Spar supermarket. Recommend The Old Teahouse for the full Edwardian experience. Crab and prawn dishes really good.
Railway Preservation Society of Ireland headquarters are in the town and the newly opened Railway Museum.
If you are there on a Thursday there is a great trad/ folk session in The Marine Bar just off the promenade from about 9.30pm. All musicians welcome.
Campervans regularly use the prom and the huge sea front car parks to overnight. Walk to the Blackhead lighthouse, tennis courts, Yacht Club, children's play park, and of course two miles away from the world class Gobbins Path attraction. You could do more than top up your water.
If you are heading this way and want any more info you can PM me.

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2017  ·  #12
I was in Whitehead this weekend 4-6/8/17, by car as Yarnfolk (wool) festival on but also food and music in large recreation area on 5th. Spoke to Camigo briefly as he was one of musicians playing at the time we visited. I checked out seafront for parking, 2 overseas MHs.
At Bentra golf course/aire, guy on desk inside said ok to park overnight, there is a sign for either side of services to leave vacant for MHs to use service. He had a bag of tokens for services ( I didn't ask how much and for how long) but toilets remain open and showers free.
It was a damp Sunday morning and no golfers or MHs, he said golfers mainly at weekends. Next time up in MH in that direction we will definitely stay in Whitehead.
Camigo in post above gave a great description of Whitehead . It was a nostalgic visit for me as my grandparents lived there 60 years ago.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.