franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Peugeot drivers door, draughty and wind noisy

· 
Posted: 18.04.2017  ·  #1
Hi folks, quick question. My drivers door is very noisy, (wind sound) when driving, and also cold draught can be felt. If I tug the door in with my hand It minimises the noise/draft. Of course I cannot drive and keep holding the door tight. Problem is more an irritant, but in cold season the cold is more pronounced.
I think I read before that there is a way to tighten the rubber gater around the door.??
Any further info please,
Regards
Franco

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2017  ·  #2
Sounds like you need to have a look if the door is aligned correctly , but it more likely that you need to, or get someone to, adjust the door lock receiver .
Its not a difficult job.

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Peugeot drivers door, draughty and wind noisy

· 
Posted: 18.04.2017  ·  #3
Ok, Sprinter, tks for that. I will look closer at the door tomorrow. Regards
Franco

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2017  ·  #4
This is a problem that occurs after a door has been whipped open to far from a strong wind.
When the door is closed check the gap around the edges and if the gap is uniform the hinges should be ok.
At the latch, get a fine tip marker and draw the current position on the door. Slacken the bolts and shift it to a new position and close the door. This may have to be done 10 times for success. If you fail put it back to the marker lines and go to see a panel beater.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2017  ·  #5
Quote by sprinter

Sounds like you need to have a look if the door is aligned correctly , but it more likely that you need to, or get someone to, adjust the door lock receiver .
Its not a difficult job.

If that don't correct it you might be able to remove shims from behind the Door hinges if fitted but this could upset the alignment between the Door and the wing, another thing you could do is remove the rubber seal from around the door and tap out the pinch weld with a hammer and a piece of wood along the area where the draught is coming in and then put back on the rubber seal

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2017  ·  #6
Quote by Thorn123

This is a problem that occurs after a door has been whipped open to far from a strong wind.
When the door is closed check the gap around the edges and if the gap is uniform the hinges should be ok.
At the latch, get a fine tip marker and draw the current position on the door. Slacken the bolts and shift it to a new position and close the door. This may have to be done 10 times for success. If you fail put it back to the marker lines and go to see a panel beater.

Is this a new problem ? do you know if anything ( as above happened ) ?
From the Hinge side / front run your hand across the joint between the door and the wing, to see if the door is proud / out further the the wing, this would indicate hinge problem / misalignment . and may mean a trip to the panel shop.
"A". from the outside press the door in at the lock / receiver side. if you get movement inwards, its probable latch . if so mark as above, ( because if all else fails you can always start again ) Slacken bolts enough to move by hand but not loose , close the door and hold in as tight as you can shut ,while holding it shut open the door handle fully out and when holding it out , release the door open , no look and see did the latch move inwards if so pinch up the bolts.
start again at "A" only this time slacken the bolts and move the latch in a small bit ,lock up the bolts and try again keep doing this until you get no inward movement and the door closes without having to slam it.

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #7
Hi gents, thanks for info. Earlier today I tried as Sprinter suggested, to move the receiver. I got one screw loose, but damned if I could loosen the second one. In fact I broke the Allen key trying to loosen. Back to the drawing board!, I will follow up on other replies tomorrow. My recollection is that this problem existed when I got the van.
Regards
Franco

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #8
Quote by franco

Hi gents, thanks for info. Earlier today I tried as Sprinter suggested, to move the receiver. I got one screw loose, but damned if I could loosen the second one. In fact I broke the Allen key trying to loosen. Back to the drawing board!, I will follow up on other replies tomorrow. My recollection is that this problem existed when I got the van.
Regards
Franco

If you get a round punch or Bolt around the same size of the head of the screw and place it against the screw head and give it a couple sharp belts of a hammer that should make it easier to remove

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #9
This might sound mad Franco, but I have stuck white draught excluder, I stuck to the door and it did the trick, 2 yrs later and it's still there and has not peeled or fallen off yet,
The wind whipped my door and strained the hinges, I tried to put it right but spotted the draught excluder and thought I'll give that a try,

JonMac46
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Globetrotter 1999 Ducato 2.8 idTD
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.04.2017  ·  #10
Take it to Tristan. He knows exactly how hard to kick it to sort it out,. He did ours.

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.05.2017  ·  #11
Folks tks for various replies, and sorry for not responding- I am just way too busy at present to react to the various suggestions, but please understand that I am not ignoring the replies. I appreciate the information provided and acknowledge the helpfulness/efforts of all. In due course I will follow up. Thanks,
Franco

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Blow Thru

· 
Posted: 31.07.2017  ·  #12
On X250 cabs

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2017  ·  #13
Hi Witzend.
I have not got away for several weeks, (due to urgent family babysitting commitments), but in the interim I have taped around/down the door and I hope to get away today or tomorrow. Then I will find out if the tape worked!!.
I will also have a look at the vents you referred to. The page you copied says 'page no longer available', so I did not get sight of the part. I will pursue.
Thanks for your help.
Franco

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.