eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Micro switch

· 
Posted: 31.07.2017  ·  #1
Has anyone replaced a micro switch on a Dethleffs Advantage kitchen tap , I have taken the tap apart down to what looks like 2 terminals for the switch wires would I be right in thinking this , its very difficult to see as its in a corner , there seems to be a design fault in the wiring as it gets pulled and breaks , I had this switch replaced last Dec in Donaghys and same problem again

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: Micro switch

· 
Posted: 31.07.2017  ·  #2
The best thing to do is find the model number of the tap, check the manual for the MH. Then go onto ebay / amazon type website and put in the model number, followed by upgrade.
If your problem is common, the manufacturer of the tap probably has a newer model replacing the older version and this will be widely advertised on the above sites. Then you have a choice, chase the previous repairer for an upgrade or just purchase the upgraded part.
Malcolm

killiand
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Traveller S520
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato (1993)
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #3
hi Dave,

Did you get sorted? is the wire salvageable to solder it back or is it screwed in?

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #4
The switch was only replaced last September in Donaghys so I assume they put in latest type and unfortunately it can't be soldered , replace is only option I am going to ring Maynooth MHs this morning and see if they have part as we off for weekend

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #5
Donagheys do a next day courier svc also Dave

Stoney
Just doing it!
My Motorhome: LeVoyageur
Base Vehicle: Mercedes Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #6
Hi Dave, I'm sure you will get sorted at Maynooth, but just in case, I happen to have one of those micro switches that I don't need and you are welcome to it if you are stuck.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #7
Thanks Donal ,Maynooth Mhs wanted to replace entire tap so have switch coming from Donaghys tomorrow , meeting a few craicers in Ardmore at the weekend so hopefully between us we'll figure it out ,, all advice welcome , it's just the electrical connections I'm not sure of but when I see part I think it will become clearer

Stoney
Just doing it!
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #8
No problem Dave. From memory, the most difficult part is feeding the wires back through the body of the tap. I found it easier to remove the tap, fit the new switch with wires attached and then re-fit the tap. There are only two wires and they can be connected any way (no polarity involved). Connections should under sink.
Good Luck.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2017  ·  #9
Got the part in less than 24 hrs from Donaghys,, CRAICing good service from them , now to try and fit it , I cant get the tap off too easily its buried behind the oven , sink and cooker all one unit too :devil:

Stoney
Just doing it!
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2017  ·  #10
Hi Dave, any chance of a couple of pics, just to make things a bit clearer?

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.08.2017  ·  #11
Quote by eirebus

Got the part in less than 24 hrs from Donaghys,, CRAICing good service from them , now to try and fit it , I cant get the tap off too easily its buried behind the oven , sink and cooker all one unit too :devil:

Dave, there is probably an external vent in your outside wall opposite the oven. Removing the cover could give you access to slacken the tap.
Malcolm

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2017  ·  #12
Yes periodically replacing a micro switch in the taps seems to be par for the course. Normally carry a spare but forgot to bring it last year in France and of course that's when the wire pulled off. I know it's been said that you can't solder the wire back on but if you scrape away a bit of the plastic to expose a bit of the metal terminal you can, which is what I did and then covered the join with araldite , it's still working.
ps Just make sure you have enough 'slack' in the wires to let the tap handle turn fully without putting any stretch in the wires.
Alan.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.