Camping Card International

Renewing a CCI Card in Ireland without having to join a club.

Davidod
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Itineo FB650
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X250
Subject:

Camping Card International

· 
Posted: 28.07.2017  ·  #1
For 15 years or more I have had a Camping Card International card with me when travelling across the continent. I have always found it to be very useful in campsites when it came to registering or booking in.

When it came to renewal of the card it was always just a matter of completing the form and sending it in to The AA in Suffolk Street with payment over the phone. This year they have just told me that they no longer do it.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way of getting my card renewed without having to join a club. It appears that the only source in Ireland is the Irish Camping and Caravan Club. I have no wish to join any club just to get membership of another organisation.

Any ideas? Maybe Motorhome Craic might take it on.

Peter Koster
Craic'er
Homepage: hurktoilet.nl/inde…
My Motorhome: Pössl 2Win
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

Re: Camping Card International

· 
Posted: 28.07.2017  ·  #2
JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.07.2017  ·  #3
We use ACSI card, comes with European books showing all sites.
I use the card at all stops to check in, no problems at all.
The rates for sites "off season" (i.e. NOT July/August) is superb, the initial €17 investment saved in 2 stops.
Available from here: vicarious-books
Definitely worth the money.

Davidod
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.07.2017  ·  #4
Quote by Peter Koster

I know Dutch motorhome club NKC sells CCI to non-members in their webshop. Don't know if they ship to Ireland.

Thanks for that Peter. I tried the NKC link but I think I may need to register with the site first as it wouldn't accept any input from me. However I sent them off an email and will await the response.

Stoney
Just doing it!
My Motorhome: LeVoyageur
Base Vehicle: Mercedes Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.07.2017  ·  #5
The CCI (Camping Card International) was replaced a few years ago by Camping Key Card which is issued by Camping Key Europe. It is available to purchase from their Web Site for the sum of €16 per year. I think the card is for a Calender year and not dated from the date of issue unless purchase through a Club. Some sites offer discounts to holders of this card.
Check it out on ; [url=http://www.campingkeyeurope.com

Davidod
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.07.2017  ·  #6
Quote by Stoney

The CCI (Camping Card International) was replaced a few years ago by Camping Key Card which is issued by Camping Key Europe. It is available to purchase from their Web Site for the sum of €16 per year.Check it out on ; [url=http://www.campingkeyeurope.com

Thanks Stoney,
If nothing happens on CCI application I will head to that one. Essentially what I was looking for was an ID that was acceptable when needed and that didn't need production of a passport. This certainly looks as if it will do that.

Stoney
Just doing it!
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.07.2017  ·  #7
Your welcome Dave. Enjoy your travels.

ColinM
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Rapido 655F
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.07.2017  ·  #8
JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.07.2017  ·  #9
Quote by ColinM

Hi, try the link below, this might be suitable as an id substitute. It's available via the acsi website.

http://www.acsiclubid.co.uk/en…ail_aci_en

That's the one we have as well as the one that comes with the books. Accepted at all campsites for ID instead of our passports. It's an additional €4.95, but worth it as the passports are not used for ID.

Peter Koster
Craic'er
Homepage: hurktoilet.nl/inde…
My Motorhome: Pössl 2Win
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.07.2017  ·  #10
Attention: CCI is not replaced bij Camping Key Europe. This is some misunderstanding caused by misleading information by (among others) ANWB, the Dutch AA. CCI and Camping Key Europe (CKE) are competing cards, CKE being the card which used to be just for Scandinavia, but trying to expend), while CCI is accepted in southern Europe.
I know for sure CKE is not widely accepted in France, while CCI is not generally accepted in Scandinavia. But then again, most campings in France don't even require CCI since they're not obliged to check your identity anymore.
So check if you need

Stoney
Just doing it!
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.07.2017  ·  #11
You are correct when you say that CCI is still available, but since it is distributed, solely, by the FICC it is only available through organisations that are affiliated to the FICC such as 'The Caravan and Motorhome Club', 'The Camping and Caravanning Club' etc, etc.. Whereas the CKE is available to any individual to purchase directly, as is the ACSI Club ID card which also gives similar insurance cover.
It is my experience that the CKE is now just as widely accepted as the CCI.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.