Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Water tank leak

· 
Posted: 03.07.2017  ·  #1
Over the last few weeks, I been noticing a slight damp patch under the MH when the weather was dry. Yesterday I squeezed under the MH to investigate. I discovered a ball valve tap which belonged to the water tank. It's obviously for draining the tank of water. My first thoughts was the leak is coming through the tap, but after cleaning the surrounding dirt and drying everything, I discovered that the leak was from where the fittings screwed into the tank.
I tried to tighten the fittings from underneath but I had no luck as it seemed that everything was spinning freely. In the end I opened the tap and drained the tank overnight.
This morning I screwed apart the seat over the tank and discovered a screw cap about 6 inches in diameter which allows an arm into the tank. The tap fitting from underneath had a nut inside the tank, hence why it wouldn't tighten. I took everything apart and the sealing washer was banjax. A quick trip to the local plumbing supply place and a new washer got along with a tube of plastic fitting sealant. The washer was the same size as the fittings in an attic tank in a house.
I have tried to upload some photos of the job.
All reasembled now with no leak and just for a couple of euros.
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: Water tank leak

· 
Posted: 03.07.2017  ·  #2
Ok photos succeeded. The first photo is the drainage tap with the white nut and washer in the tank, the black piece passes through the floor and the tap in underneath the floor. The second photo is the new washer on the left beside the old one on the right.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Water tank leak

· 
Posted: 03.07.2017  ·  #3
Good work,
It is handy enough when you can get it ripped and see exactly what is causing the problem,

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.