simonjfoley
simonjfoley
My Motorhome: Hymer B654
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

kitchen sink water tap

· 
Posted: 01.06.2015  ·  #1
Hi everybody. A question for the electrically enlightened!, It looks like the micro switch in my kitchen sink tap has given up, No pump action on that perticular one, but fine on the other one. As I'm off on holiday in a few days and won't have time to get a new one and fit it, would it be ok to splice in to the wires and put a little push switch somewhere convenient for the duration of the holidays. Anything on that would be appreciated guys, Thanks Simon.

Subject:

Re: kitchen sink water tap

· 
Posted: 01.06.2015  ·  #2
We had a similar problem happen while in France a few years ago. Things may be different now but we discovered that we could open the faulty tap and then open a different tap slightly as this was enough to switch on the pump.
It was enough to get us through to the end of the trip.

If it does work remember to turn both off. LOL

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2015  ·  #3
Quote by mark

We had a similar problem happen while in France a few years ago. Things may be different now but we discovered that we could open the faulty tap and then open a different tap slightly as this was enough to switch on the pump.
It was enough to get us through to the end of the trip.

If it does work remember to turn both off. LOL

Good thinking Mark!
Yes you could fit a push button switch, My Dad had one on his Camper for ages before he replaced the tap.

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2015  ·  #4
Probably find that one of the wires has broken just as it enters the micro switch, but usually just enough wire left sticking up to re solder the feed wire back on. In case you are not familiar, On my taps there are blue/red, hot/cold little plastic markers on the top of the tap- poke these out with a pin or a stanley blade to expose a screw. Take out screw and lift off the tap turning handle. You can now see the micro switch , it just lifts out . Only takes a couple on minutes and then you can see if it can be soldered or not.

simonjfoley
simonjfoley
My Motorhome: Hymer B654
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2015  ·  #5
Thanks for that everybody, I'll let you know how I get on. Regards Simon

Keogher
Homepage: sellors.ie
My Motorhome: Hymer 622CL
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2017  ·  #6
Just picking up on this old thread- I have this problem. I am going to send to be fixed ( #notgoodatdiy) what should I have to pay to get the pump going in this tap again?

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.