2007 Chasson Flash 09

Tsjdenmark
Subject:

2007 Chasson Flash 09

· 
Posted: 05.06.2017  ·  #1
Hi All,

Here is our little house on wheels. She is a Ford Transit 2.4 with a Chausson Flash 09 "house"

We had a boat for about 3 years, but never really enjoyed it, so we bought this camper last August, done a few jobs to her, all lights have been upgraded to LED, and wheels have been re sprayed.

Also fitted a new reverse cam to her with a nice big colour screen.

Red lights in the cabin - very comfortable when driving at night. Just ordered a few more side marker lights, they will be fitted during the week.

Next big project will be a reupholstery of the seats plus new curtains, we will probably go for a Grey and Blue theme in fabric, and blue and grey leather for the driver and passenger seat.

cdn image hosting

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

Re: 2007 Chasson Flash 09

· 
Posted: 05.06.2017  ·  #2
Very clean Motorhome,health to enjoy

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2017  ·  #3
Lovely van, wear well.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2017  ·  #4
A lovely wagon. I run something similar, 2.2 transit with chausson flash 03 model. The only problem that I've uncovered so far is when the fuel filter is changed, a laptop must be plugged into the ECU and the software controlling the fuel pump must be reset. This is the joys of a modern diesel engines not the fault of MH manufacturer.
May you and your folks have many happy trips.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2017  ·  #5
Tsjdenmark
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2017  ·  #6
Quote by Thorn123

A lovely wagon. I run something similar, 2.2 transit with chausson flash 03 model. The only problem that I've uncovered so far is when the fuel filter is changed, a laptop must be plugged into the ECU and the software controlling the fuel pump must be reset. This is the joys of a modern diesel engines not the fault of MH manufacturer.
May you and your folks have many happy trips.

Yeah, classic ECU "fix" have a very reliable mechanic with all the bells and whistles regarding ECU reset etc. so think she will be in safe hands.

One issue I did have was the grey water tank outlet - we drove off a ferry at low tide and the overhang at the back scraped the asphalt - so had a major leak form the outlet (had to take the whole thing apart), fixed it with a new plumbers outlet and some gorilla sealant. works even better than the factory fitted outlet..

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2017  ·  #7
Yea I can see the problem. You have a overhang at the rear which would be 18 to 20 inches longer than ours. I fitted a towbar on our MH last year and it was a pain in the ass to fabricate around the waste tank and its outlet but I got it done. The top of the towbar finished up being 20.5 inches high which is about an inch higher than the traffic regulations.
Afterwards we were touring Donegal and took the Rathmullen to Buncrana ferry with only a half inch of clearance between the towbar and the ferry ramp so our outlet was safe. Boy was I glad that the towbar finished on the high side.

Tsjdenmark
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2017  ·  #8
Quote by Thorn123

Yea I can see the problem. You have a overhang at the rear which would be 18 to 20 inches longer than ours. I fitted a towbar on our MH last year and it was a pain in the ass to fabricate around the waste tank and its outlet but I got it done. The top of the towbar finished up being 20.5 inches high which is about an inch higher than the traffic regulations.
Afterwards we were touring Donegal and took the Rathmullen to Buncrana ferry with only a half inch of clearance between the towbar and the ferry ramp so our outlet was safe. Boy was I glad that the towbar finished on the high side.

True true! just googled that Ferry, not a hope for us i'd say... but then we have to take the long way around if we are ever in that neck of the woods.. :-)

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.06.2017  ·  #9
One other issue for you to check. The silicone seam between the outside walls and the grey side skirts and rear bumper has to be replaced after a period of time. We purchased a silimar aged MH in 2015 from a dealer who had completed the job as it was supposedly recommended by chasson. I am not sure what the time limit is.The reason for doing it is to stop water from seeping in between the base of the wall and floor joint.
Maybe I was fed a pack of crap by the dealer.

killiand
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Traveller S520
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato (1993)
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2017  ·  #10
Beautiful van! Health to enjoy!

Elmo
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Chausson Flash 05 called "Wally"
Base Vehicle: 2007 Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.06.2017  ·  #11
Quote by Thorn123

One other issue for you to check. The silicone seam between the outside walls and the grey side skirts and rear bumper has to be replaced after a period of time. We purchased a silimar aged MH in 2015 from a dealer who had completed the job as it was supposedly recommended by chasson. I am not sure what the time limit is.The reason for doing it is to stop water from seeping in between the base of the wall and floor joint.

We have a 2007 Chausson and had to get a job done on the back wall where the timber in the wall has started rotting. Our mecanic stripped it and replaced the timber and put an aluminimum strip on it to protect it in future. Its understandable considering the rain that splashes up from the rear wheels against the floor.

Tsjdenmark
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.06.2017  ·  #12
Quote by Elmo

Quote by Thorn123

We have a 2007 Chausson and had to get a job done on the back wall where the timber in the wall has started rotting. Our mecanic stripped it and replaced the timber and put an aluminimum strip on it to protect it in future. Its understandable considering the rain that splashes up from the rear wheels against the floor.

Could you share pictures of where that is? (i can send you my mail add if you don't mind?) I'm not sure i understand. Was it very bad? i was under our MH with my mechanic only last weekend, and everything seemed dry and solid... but worth checking if i looked the right place..

Thanks!

Elmo
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Chausson Flash 05 called "Wally"
Base Vehicle: 2007 Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.06.2017  ·  #13
Quote by Tsjdenmark

Quote by Elmo

Quote by Thorn123

Could you share pictures of where that is? (i can send you my mail add if you don't mind?) I'm not sure i understand. Was it very bad? i was under our MH with my mechanic only last weekend, and everything seemed dry and solid... but worth checking if i looked the right place..

Thanks!

Ill try and get some pictures but its now covered with an aluminium strip. If you look under the body where the wall meets the floor you will see that the joint should be covered with a sealant. However in our case the sealant had worn away and you could see the timber between the fibre glass sheets oof the side wall where it meets the back wall. As the wood was exposed the water started to rot it. It was very visible once I climbed under the back of the van.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.