Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Kilmore Quay

· 
Posted: 19.02.2015  ·  #1
Planning permission has been granted for a serviced motorhome park in Kilmore Quay Co Wexford. Good if it's reasonably priced and is for use by anyone who wants to use it. Bad if it means no parking within 25 miles of Kilmore unless you use the motorhome park. I'll reserve my judgement until it's built and I see what happens. For full details go to the Wexford CC web site.
http://www.wexford.ie/wex/departments/planning/
Click to search for planning application, enter planning ref 20140956 and click search. Click on the ref no when it drops down and you'll get all the details.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

Re: Kilmore Quay

· 
Posted: 19.02.2015  ·  #2
Hopefully the plans were drawn up with consultation with members of relevant Motorhome bodies. Was Motorhomecraic involved?

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.02.2015  ·  #3
:( :( :(

It's not a motorhome parking (Aire, it's a campsite.
Each hardstand has water, EHU & grey water drains.
Each hardstand is separated by a grassed area
There are nineteen car parking spaces !!!!
There is a services block with showers, toilets & disabled facilities.

It certainly won't be priced as a motorhome parking area (max €12 high season)
Looks like another Dunmore East

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.02.2015  ·  #4
Is this a Private or Co. Co. Development, where is it proposed to be built, and was
http://www.motorcaravanningireland.org/ invited to give their opinion? Colin.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.02.2015  ·  #5
Applicant is Tom O'Connor, Rathdowney Caravan Park, Kilrane, Co. Wexford, the site is about 300 metres out the road from the Lifeboat Station.
Note that Rathdowney Caravan Park is in fact a Mobile Home Park which provides no touring pitches, which is possibly why the so called Motorhome Park has been designed to provide for touring caravans, why else would there be nineteen car parking spaces in addition to the pitches plus 12 shower/toilet/wash basis cubicles, a disabled toilet area.

The development is of a design which contains all the elements of a caravan and camping park and bears little relationship to a Motorhome Parking Place (Aire (public or private).

The fact that the project is referred to as a Motor Home Park is interesting, it would seem to be equating itself to a Caravan and Camping Park in both description and design.

If the initial intention of the developer was to provide a private Motorhome Parking Area (Aire) he was obviously guided away from the concept either through ignorance or for a purpose.
The development has attracted €26,750 in development charges, these charges were based on those applicable to Mobile Home Commercial Pitches

Like the planners who oversaw the application for the Dunmore East project, those dealing with that at Kilmore Quay seem also not to understand that there is a significant difference between a Motorhome Parking Area and a Caravan & Camping Site.

Therefore it should be obvious that no consultation took place with any person, club or organisation who understands what represents a Motorhome Parking Place (Aire).

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.02.2015  ·  #6
That is a Caravan park and I have no problem with the Man building one for that purpose but trying to sell it as a Motorhome Aire is another matter, How can anyone build something without consulting the very People he hopes will use it. What is the situation with parking Motorhomes in the traditional place?

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.02.2015  ·  #7
Quote by CHAUSSON

That is a Caravan park and I have no problem with the Man building one for that purpose but trying to sell it as a Motorhome Aire is another matter, How can anyone build something without consulting the very People he hopes will use it. What is the situation with parking Motorhomes in the traditional place?

The Galway City U-turn seems to confirm that motorhomes can't be stopped from parking where parking is provided/legal/approved for other vehicles.

Any bye-laws or other obstacles (physical or otherwise) targeting motorhomes in a way which discriminates against their users from parking in parking provided for vehicles in general must certainly be illegal under anti-discrimination laws.

unhappy camper
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: 1995 swift royal 610
Base Vehicle: Peugeot boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.02.2015  ·  #8
Will this also apply to portrush portstewart ballintoy etc

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.02.2015  ·  #9
I was in kilmore on Sun night , no problem Pat

Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: Webmail.ie
My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2017  ·  #10
So, has it been built yet?
Can't find any info on it anywhere.

Looks like a bit of construction going on on google maps (satellite view) but I don't know when the image was taken

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Kilmore quay

· 
Posted: 02.06.2017  ·  #11
Quote by baguette"]
[quote="CHAUSSON

The Galway City U-turn seems to confirm that motorhomes can't be stopped from parking where parking is provided/legal/approved for other vehicles.

Any bye-laws or other obstacles (physical or otherwise) targeting motorhomes in a way which discriminates against their users from parking in parking provided for vehicles in general must certainly be illegal under anti-discrimination laws.

What's the story with Galway .did I miss something about Quay St.?

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2017  ·  #12
Quote by sprinter"]
[quote="baguette

Quote by CHAUSSON

What's the story with Galway .did I miss something about Quay St.?

That post is over Two years old, I don,t know the current situation.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.