Craic'er
Homepage: clunegapyears.com
My Motorhome: Adria Sonic Supreme
Base Vehicle: Fiat Iveco 3 ltr
Subject:

New and Reviews

· 
Posted: 14.05.2017  ·  #1
With going over to the app, I was not sure where to add reviews and new spots for wilding. So here they are:

NEW

1) 53.73 6.25995 Near Mornington and Drogheda
Right at the end of the tarmac road by the gates to the now demolished fish factory. There is hard flat ground for one large motorhome and some gravelly sloping ground for smaller camera vans. A little traffic as people unlock the gate to drive into the boat store (not sure it is a marina!) and cars park up for walkers. Really peaceful and can watch the odd fright boat or yacht sail by. Lovely walking along here with a big wide sandy beach not far. The only place to park in Drogheda without a height barrier is at Scotch Hall.

2) 55.162617 6.813781 Car park for Downhill House
Lion Gate is never locked as someone lives in a house here. National Trust so if you arrive during opening hours, you will need to prove membership or pay. Large tarmac carpark but slightly sloping. Bins and a tap just though into the walled garden ... follow the path and on your right. Great walking up to Mussenden Temple and Downhill House. A lovely quiet spot.

REVIEW

1) Eagles Rock, Draperstown
Lots of firm flat ground even in rain. Incredibly quiet and easy access, even for a bigger van. Great views, but no phone signal (Three).

2) Magiligan Point Lough Foyle
The ferry is no longer operational, so you can park alongside it's fence, leaving the car parking space for cars. There are also a couple of lay-bys just before the ferry terminal with picnic benches. Do not drive past the Point Pub, as there is a height barrier just after the Martello Tower. Tarmac and bins. If you want to eat in the pub, book as it is incredibly busy weekends. And don't expect to get a table at your appointed time! Good walking along the beach at low tide.
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: New and Reviews

· 
Posted: 15.05.2017  ·  #2
Reviews are left via the App, unfortunately the "Add POI" and "Add review" is only available on Android at the moment, we hope to have it on iOS soon.

Thanks for the new stopovers, I'll add them to the App.

clunegapyears
Craic'er
Subject:

Can't review ... Apple

· 
Posted: 15.05.2017  ·  #3
Thanks Ally ... I'm all Apple so can't review yet.

Tonight we're just South of Coleraine at the POI, but it has no information on the App. Are you happy to add my reviews to the app, where no current info exits?

Katherine

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.05.2017  ·  #4
Quote by clunegapyears

Thanks Ally ... I'm all Apple so can't review yet.

Tonight we're just South of Coleraine at the POI, but it has no information on the App. Are you happy to add my reviews to the app, where no current info exits?

Katherine

More than happy too :)

Can you PM it though?

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.05.2017  ·  #5
Yes it would be great to be able to add POIs & up to date reviews for existing POIs via IOS. I'm a little hesitant of staying st some that say "currently no info on this POI" or the review is from 2015 or earlier. Going by the forum a lot can change at a location in a short space of time. Just needs users to add more detail & the more devices that can do it the better. 👍

clunegapyears
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.05.2017  ·  #6
I always have a back up plan ... we'll 98% of the time. And we try to arrive with plenty of daylight left, so we have time to suss a place out and move on if necessary. In 2 years full timing, we' only moved on twice as we felt unsafe, but a few more times due to noise from teen parties and scooters. And we didn't fancy joining in!!!
Great to be able to add and review and give something back.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.