Rowlands
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Stopover in North Wales

· 
Posted: 14.05.2017  ·  #1
Hi,
Driving from Holyhead to Harwich in July - can anyone recommend places to stopover on the way (Anglesey, Conwy or thereabouts)?
Andrew

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

Re: Stopover in North Wales

· 
Posted: 14.05.2017  ·  #2
Holyhead has a truck stop you can use, there used to be a stop at Conwy but think that is now closed,you can overnight at the little roodee car park facing the racecourse at Chester.

McGeemobile
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.05.2017  ·  #3
There's a really nice grassed area overlooking the Menai Straits at Beaumaris at the far end of the town. The car park attendant usually sends all motorhomes to this end of the car park. The overnight cost is about £3 if I remember rightly. Beaumaris is a lovely little town with a castle, shops, bars and restaurants.

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.05.2017  ·  #4
Quote by McGeemobile

There's a really nice grassed area overlooking the Menai Straits at Beaumaris at the far end of the town. The car park attendant usually sends all motorhomes to this end of the car park. The overnight cost is about £3 if I remember rightly. Beaumaris is a lovely little town with a castle, shops, bars and restaurants.

Have stopped there a few years ago but last time a couple of years ago they had the usual north wales No sleeping in vehicle signs. Don't know if they are enforcing it but most of that coast is now anti motorhome due to the hoards.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.