Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

1998 LMC Liberty fuse replacement

· 
Posted: 23.04.2017  ·  #1
Hi I am pretty sure a fuse has blown in my (first) motorhome & am afraid I may cause damage trying to remove the fuse near the leisure battery. The 12v lights & sockets in one side/corner of the motorhome are not working & one of the fuses has a white part showing unlike the rest.

I am not familiar with this type of fuse box & the fuse seems like it would take some force to remove. I will try to post a picture but if anyone can advise how to do this safely & if they think it is an LMC specific fuse or a generic one that would be great. I would like to get some spares as well as a replacement of course. The fuse was gone when I bought the motorhome.

Thanks, Gavin
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: 1998 LMC Liberty fuse replacement

· 
Posted: 23.04.2017  ·  #2
That looks like an overload trip switch rather than a fuse. Try pushing it down and then up to reset it. :up:

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.04.2017  ·  #3
Yes it looks like it would be a trip for the mains (especially as the black box is marked as 230v. When you push it in it just keeps popping out and not holding at all even with the mains & 12 v off. I think it must have something to do with the lights & sockets in one area of the motorhome not working. The trips (or fuses) on that black box are labelled (in German) Fridge, lights 1, lights 2 & lights 3. Only lights 3 is tripped. I changed all the bulbs to LED recently & again so it not the bulbs. I have flicked the mains trips I have seen up & down. They look more familiar & typical.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Video of fuse

· 
Posted: 23.04.2017  ·  #4
Not sure if a video of the fuse has uploaded here. Had a look on YouTube & still think it is a fuse on the mains power unit stopping 12v getting to those lights. Still don't know how to change that fuse though & afraid to force something & break it.

shortshanks
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2017  ·  #5
Hi I am pretty sure a fuse has blown in my (first) motorhome & am afraid I may cause damage trying to remove the fuse near the leisure battery. The 12v lights & sockets in one side/corner of the motorhome are not working & one of the fuses has a white part showing unlike the rest.

I am not familiar with this type of fuse box & the fuse seems like it would take some force to remove. I will try to post a picture but if anyone can advise how to do this safely & if they think it is an LMC specific fuse or a generic one that would be great. I would like to get some spares as well as a replacement of course. The fuse was gone when I bought the motorhome.

Thanks, Gavin

Hello Gavin
I have the same problem and the same charger unit.
Any update?

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2017  ·  #6
No update yet. Plan to get it fixed at the same time as the habitation check & a few other minor fixes. Still waiting for the DVA to send my NI tax book so I can drive it on the road legally. Slow turnaround with the DVA but that's a different story. Hopefully it will arrive next week. Do you have an LMC Liberty too? I know at least one other member does but it is an earlier model than mine.

shortshanks
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2017  ·  #7
Thanks for the reply Gavin .i have a 1998 rotec as far as I can see they are the same van .had mine in the shop during the week and came back with that fuse switch snapped off .put a brand new leisure battery in.have only lights in toilet on 12v. pump and heater and fridge also fine on 12v .everything works on EHU .i need to find someone who understands this system will let you know if I do.

Betty Swollocks
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Geist
Base Vehicle: Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2017  ·  #8
Gavin, I have a 2008 LMC Motorhome. Leisure battery set-up like yours.
My water pump stopped working on Saturday and I traced the wiring to a car style fuse box which was in a different location to the battery. About a dozen plastic blade fuses in it. Replaced a fuse and all now working again.

Prob nothing of use to you, but maybe worth digging deeper to see if anything amiss at the fuse panel.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2017  ·  #9
Had another look but the only fuse box I can find is in the glovebox which has a diagram showing it is all for the base vehicle - headlights etc. The lights & sockets don't work with 240v on so it must be a 12v fuse somewhere. The lights that do work seem to run independently on 12v & do not rely on the 240v at any time. There is only light that runs on 240v & it is fine.

"Betty" where did you find that car style fuse box? I turned all my 12v lights on & pulled the blade fuses out one by one in the glovebox in case they made a difference but no lights went out. They are for the headlights etc anyway so I didn't expect them to go out.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2017  ·  #10
Follow the live (+) from the leisure battery and one of them should lead you to the fuse bank,

In my Adria its part of the charge unit (schaudt something or other)

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2017  ·  #11
I followed the wire but just found a large inline 25 amp fuse. I popped it out & sure enough all the 12v lights went out. I opened a what looked like a few fuse boxes but found no fuses inside. I took the cover off the converter which has the tripped 10 amp "licht 1" circuit breaker. No fuses in there that I can see but so took a photo of what the back of the tripped circuit breaker looks like. Text on it is upside down but it looks like it was made in the USA rather than Germany. Discovered my gas regulator is ancient too & does not fit modern/common propane bottles. Gas line had 1998 on it too so it has never been replaced since new! Old Motorhomes are full of surprises. Plenty for the shop to do along with the habitation check..

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2017  ·  #12
Beats me, never seen a circuit breaker line that before,

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2017  ·  #13
Search web for W28-XQ1A-10. You will find multiple UK suppliers. Cost under £2 each.

The unit is held in by two spring loaded plastic clips just behind the front plate that the unit is mounted to. May need pointed nose pliers to access. Ensure mains and 12 volt is disconnected before attempting to remove.

The unit is a RCBO so is possible to have been tripped by a fault in the circuit. Attempt to reset it by pushing hard on the top edge of the dolly where the white section shows. If it does not reset then take note of the connections; disconnect both connections and then try again to reset. If it then resets this indicates a fault in the circuit which you will have to search for and find. If it does not reset then the RCBO is likely faulty and will need replaced.

Alternately swap the 'faulty' one with one of the 'good' ones. This should also tell you if there is a circuit fault or a RCBO fault.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2017  ·  #14
Brilliant feedback. Many thanks! It is tricky to access but at least it is the one that has tripped is nearest to the outside of the converter box. Think I will order a couple of spares and try a new one in case I cause damage swapping existing ones about. Will make sure the mains is disconnected & mains terminal off on the battery. Don't want to blow a fuse of my own! Will let you know how I get on.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2017  ·  #15
Ordered a couple and will hopefully have them by Friday. Went for the ones with USA on the side of them rather than China as current ones have USA on the side of them.

shortshanks
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2017  ·  #16
Thanks kabundi very helpful information will order some today thanks again

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2017  ·  #17
Got the circuit breaker out ok - connnectors took some work to get off but the little plastic spring clips can be popped one at time while you gently prise the front of breaker outwards. Can only be done by taking the control panel cover off (about 6 screws). Have a few pics I will try to upload. New breakers shipped today so will hopefully have them soon. Got a new gas regulator to replace the original factory one too so it will fit modern propane bottles.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.05.2017  ·  #18
Problem solved!! My new 10 amp circuit breakers arrived and I popped the replacement in and everything works now - 2 more lights in the rear bed, one above the sink & 2 EU style cigarette sockets now working off the leisure battery (using adapters). Delighted! Many thanks for all the help everyone. Should solve your problems too Shortshanks.

shortshanks
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.05.2017  ·  #19
Great news Gavin. Hope mine will arrive tomorrow

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.05.2017  ·  #20
I reckon someone has overloaded the 2 cigarette sockets in the past & blew that CB. Would explain why the same one went in both our vans & you can't overload the others as there are no sockets powered by them. I paid a little extra for the USA marked ones but still ended up with China marked ones. Work fine though.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.05.2017  ·  #21
Great, now the heater has started playing up - red light coming on & now won't fire up. Could be linked to new regulator or new CB maybe.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.05.2017  ·  #22
Any update with your circuit breaker shortshanks? My NI tax book & Reg finally arrived today for my ROI imported motorhome. Took long enough! Can finally get out in the road instead of just reading about it!

shortshanks
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.05.2017  ·  #23
Cb's didn't arrive Friday so will be Monday at least. Your the first person I've heard of talking a vehicle from South to north that probably confused them😄😄 enjoy the van. Will let you know how it works out

killiand
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Traveller S520
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato (1993)
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.05.2017  ·  #24

Your the first person I've heard of talking a vehicle from South to north

I second that!! :)

Great to hear you can get out on the road!! Enjoy it! :)

shortshanks
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.05.2017  ·  #25
Breakers arrived today just popped them in and all working .kabundi your a legend thank you.gavin hope you get your heater sorted

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.05.2017  ·  #26
Great, glad to hear it worked. Now that mine is on the road I have her booked in with LTS in 2 weeks to get looked over. I forgot to mention Motorhome Craic but will do that when I bring her up - I have stickers front & rear.

Two other questions that may be generic or LMC specific. There are fold up "shelves" beside each dinette seat. They would not be strong enough to support a person sitting or expanding the bed like I have seen in other Motorhomes? Is it just a shelf for food/drinks that is missing two legs to supppry it? Will post a couple of pics.

Also there are popper studs in the roof round each skylight vent which look like they were used to pop a cover over the vents in cold weather. Have no idea where to source the female part to click into them if I made new covers. Will add a pic of this too. Do you have these in yours Shortshanks?

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.05.2017  ·  #27
Quote by gavster1

Also there are popper studs in the roof round each skylight vent which look like they were used to pop a cover over the vents in cold weather. Have no idea where to source the female part to click into them if I made new covers.

The pop studs are widely available on ebay,you can buy a punch kit to fit them also.

shortshanks
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.05.2017  ·  #28
Sorry gav don't have either of these features

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.05.2017  ·  #29
Cheers Petie & Shanks. I did buy the biggest poppers I could find on eBay & the popper gun but they were still too small. I unscrewed one from the roof & took it to a haberdashery type store but none fitted. Not an essential thing but looks like a good idea. I have recently noticed similar poppers along the under side if the skirt outside the motorhome on the habitation door side - I assume to pop a wind skirt too when a safari shelter is up. The previous owner had no idea what the EU type cigarette lighter sockets were until I figured it out after buying it so I'm sure he never noticed the roof poppers.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.05.2017  ·  #30
Quote by shortshanks

Breakers arrived today just popped them in and all working .kabundi your a legend thank you.gavin hope you get your heater sorted

Glad both you and gavster have got sorted

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.