kevinmoore
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Benimar 494 Tessoro
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Westport Quays

· 
Posted: 17.04.2017  ·  #1
We spent the weekend in Achill but decided to go to Wesport for Sunday night. Checked out Westport House, was full in the MH area but they offered to let us park in the tent spot on grass- but charging €28 which we felt was a bit steep considering we were just overnighting!

So we drove round to the Quays and parked up, about 5 other campers parked up there plus about 5 more in the carparks at the end- not sure how they got in there since there are height barriers? Anyhow, we went to the Towers for a bite and I asked the Maitre if there'd be any hassle parking overnight and he said not a bother, which turned out to be true. Not sure what it would be like in the Summer but was fine last night.

But it just points to the lack of facilities again- I reckon that between the 10 Motorhomes parked up, and averaging say €50 spend minimum between food and drink, there's a €500 income to ge area from one small group. If there was a legal aire everyone would have used it and encourage more tourism.

Anyhow apart from the blustery weather it was a good weekend, we stayed at Keel in Achill BTW which is a lovely site.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Re: Westport Quays

· 
Posted: 18.04.2017  ·  #2
Yeah, I grew they need to waken up to the amount of money we spend in a local area. I know we take very little with us as we like to,spend in the local area and get local produce.

DILLIGAF
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Buccaneer Clipper
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2017  ·  #3
As already said, we don't take a lot with us, as the Mrs & me love to go for a meal & a few drinks in the area we are staying in of an evening & when you are in the South that can mean a lot of ££s not to mention trips into shops for other food stuffs etc...

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2017  ·  #4
Agree..If they had an Aire facility it would be well used. Always enjoy going to Westport and the Towers or the Helm when We're there.

McGeemobile
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.04.2017  ·  #5
We have parked quite a few times at Westport Quay over the last few years without any problems, usually in May or June.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.