flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

NIPPLES

· 
Posted: 17.04.2017  ·  #1
Thought that word would get your attention! I noticed water and gunge gathering round the well at the base of the wipers. Had a poke round and used a chopstick to clear the wee holes, similar to the drainage outlet at the back of a fridge. Now dry and clean. Just mentioned this in case I'm not the only one as this could cause rust and decay to the wiper arms swivel joint.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: NIPPLES

· 
Posted: 17.04.2017  ·  #2
Good advice John,

Have heard that can happen alright,

That happened with my 2002 Passat and caused the water to leak in under the heater motor and fill the passenger foot well,
Needless to say I have checked any thing I own since,

driftwood
My Motorhome: Plasy P70
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.02.2018  ·  #3
sorry to raise an old thread but this is important. I have a Ducato and this is a very common issue where the drain holes in the windscreen base panel get blocked from rotten leave etc, this causes the water to start dripping into the engine bay rather than down the pipes to ground, it can result in a rusty engine and injector issues where water can collect. One thing i tend to do now is whenever i top up the tyres i give a little blast of the high pressure air through the drain holes to ensure they keep clear, its handy and free, also less likely to damage the pipes or block it further by pushing crud farther in.
regards

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.02.2018  ·  #4
Great idea will do that next time

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.