Mullaghmore

EOH
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Mullaghmore

· 
Posted: 31.05.2013  ·  #1
Hi, for some years now we often parked at Mullaghmore along by the road beside the Hotel, cafés overlooking the pier and not a bother and there are always plenty of other motorhomes there, but last year end July there were only 2 of us and in the early hours of the morning youths startled us by throwing things at our motorhome, oranges and apples, ok', nothing harmful, but frightened us as we didn't know what was happenin at the time. I got up , looked out, no one in sight, but a few seconds later, started again and again, so I opened the door saw them hide and a girl who was with them was coming towards us , pretended not to have anything to do with them, but I said that I called the police, who by the way are a good distance away , Sligo town, but she , the girl said that she would text her friends and they stopped bothering us. The hotels etc are happy to have motorhomes park as we sometimes go for a meal, drinks, so good for the businesses. The problem is that the police are too far away to ring. :devil:

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: Mullaghmore

· 
Posted: 31.05.2013  ·  #2
fishycharl
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.05.2013  ·  #3
Mullaghmore is one of our most used stopovers,been parking up there for last three years and touch wood have never had any trouble. As you say we regulary frequent the Pierhead Hotel where you have live music at the weekends and we have also been out on the boat fishing off the shorein the evenings for mackeral with the local fishermen who have no problems with us parking up. last weekend counted seven campers parked up on saturday

manta356
Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2017  ·  #4
Called down by Mullaghmore yesterday and was dissapointed to see that the roadside where motorhomes used to park has been Kerbed to stop Parking there.
The Parking is still there but only suits cars or small Vans parked at Right Angles to the Pavement,as in between each 2 spaces has kerbs now.to stop anyone parking long ways.
It's a Pity as this was a nice peaceful place for Parking up

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2017  ·  #5
Quote by manta356

Called down by Mullaghmore yesterday and was dissapointed to see that the roadside where motorhomes used to park has been Kerbed to stop Parking there.
The Parking is still there but only suits cars or small Vans parked at Right Angles to the Pavement,as in between each 2 spaces has kerbs now.to stop anyone parking long ways.
It's a Pity as this was a nice peaceful place for Parking up

Too bad, one of our favourite haunts too.
Ireland, becoming more restrictive and prohibitive every day.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.