Wildcamping in England

Pointtopoint
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Wildcamping in England

· 
Posted: 18.01.2017  ·  #1
Hi all,delighted to be on board...we are in our second year with our Lanka low profile...did Scotland and Wales last year. Heading for the south of England this summer...apparently wild camping is frowned upon ...any tips??we are based in kerry...

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Wildcamping in England

· 
Posted: 18.01.2017  ·  #2
Not quite wildcamping, but the britstops scheme can be useful. Basically parking in pubs and similar for free after buying a years membership. Rather like the informal arrangements here, it is good policy to buy a meal or a few drinks. The book also carries some Irish locations.

http://www.britstops.com/

https://www.searchforsites.co.uk

This is a searchable site for various types of stopover. Might be of use.

Davy

drifter
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Hobby 690GFS
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD on an AL-KO chassis
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.01.2017  ·  #3
Thanks for those links TeamRienza :-)

DILLIGAF
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Buccaneer Clipper
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.01.2017  ·  #4
In England its much the same as anywhere else if a place looks ok use away until told different, if a place doesn't feel right move along, Iv wild camped in England many times without any problems...

Look up Wild Camping For Motorhomes forum its based in England & is very helpful & friendly, with lots of advice & places to stay...

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.01.2017  ·  #5
England is not as camper friendly as europe,they seem to think you are going to set up camp. The campsite proprietors want you on their sites at their very expensive prices. So I stay away from all of them and look for a trading estate or such like, there is always a quite corner and they are used to trucks parking up for the night and away in the morning ,but please be careful not to obstruct entrances or turning points.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.01.2017  ·  #6
Also in Practical Motorhome Magazine there is a list of Pubs that provide overnight parking for free. I've used them and have been able to sample some good food and beers.

norma
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2017  ·  #7
If you join wildcamping.co.uk they have loids of wildcamping spots. It is true tho that the English are very nimby and the campsite owners tend to be on the councils and so discourage any freedom as they want you on their expensive sites (one of the reasons we come to ireland every year!)
Having said that it is possible and does not have to be in industrial estates if that is not what you want.
North Devon has some car parks with about a £3 overnight charge to sleep there.
Cornwall has loads of wilding spots. Avoid in July, August. All Cornish council car parks forbid sleeping at night, some even forbid motorhomes staying, even when empty, at night...grrr.
If we can be any help, let us know...

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.