eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Wind Power

· 
Posted: 25.02.2017  ·  #1
I am interested to know if anyone uses a wind generator to charge their batteries , is it feasable as it seems to me we need battery power more in winter than summer when Solar power is at its worst and wind is at its best , boats use them but they are docked alot of the time and maybe only get a trickle current to keep batteries charged ??

Subject:

Re: Wind Power

· 
Posted: 25.02.2017  ·  #2
the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.02.2017  ·  #3
I looked at it for the house in Spain but the wind can be too strong there so we decided not to go the wind turbine route

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.02.2017  ·  #4
Quote by eirebus

I am interested to know if anyone uses a wind generator to charge their batteries , is it feasable as it seems to me we need battery power more in winter than summer when Solar power is at its worst and wind is at its best , boats use them but they are docked alot of the time and maybe only get a trickle current to keep batteries charged ??

I would say it would work fair well on the roof of your Motorhome cruising down the Motorway at 120km/hr, Dave! :D

All jokes a side, I have seen them on Caravans by the coast but never on a Motorhome, do they make noise when spinning?

Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.02.2017  ·  #5
I have been informed that there is a slight noise from it. The person I know who uses it takes it down at night as he hates the noise but I didn't think it would have bothered me.
Maybe it is more noticeable when all around is quiet.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.02.2017  ·  #6
I think the noise could be a problem too they can sound like a light aircraft prop but if shut down at night and not attached to the van, maybe on a tripod wind could be an option I'd love to hear more opinions

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.