danduffymallow
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Roller Team
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Campsites and vineyards Bordeaux

· 
Posted: 07.02.2017  ·  #1
Hi, have a bit of extra holiday time this year and want to venture a bit further down France in July. Looking for campsites with water slides but also if possible a vineyard visit somewhere, preferably Bordeaux but even a bit further down if necessary. Kids are 12/9 so water park a must. Any suggestions please?

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

Re: Campsites and vineyards Bordeaux

· 
Posted: 07.02.2017  ·  #2
@danduffymallow

hi danduffy, if you jump across the wee ferry at Royan or Blaye you will have all the Medoc and Bordeaux vineyards at your disposal as well as fantastic beaches and a plethora of surf resorts with many campsites from Le Pointe du Medoc all the way to Biarritz...it is well worth the 50 euro ferry in my opinion to get away from the overcrowded resorts on the 'mainland' side, it really does feel quite different and there is so much space to go round that it never feels over run, even in high season. We chanced across a few wine tasting open air festivals and vineyard open days around there that were very memorable. You can also find some of the old Irish wild geese vineyards in that area too. PS we have young kids too and they love it down that coast. There are some cracking aires too in places like mimizam and lacanau that are right at the beach that work out at about 15 euro per night.

celtichymer
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2017  ·  #3
Aqualand. We have two boys aged 13 and 14. We stayed in the carpark overnight but didnt rush in in the morning. We walked to the gate at 10.30 and got through security within 20 mins. https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Sho…taine.html

fairytreehouse
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2017  ·  #4
Hi danduffmallow
We stayed at a campsite camping le palace near soulac-sur-Mac, we took the ferry from Royan about 50 euro great place and you have all the freedom of the coast, and we are heading back this year again in July. So maybe see you there.

danduffymallow
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Roller Team
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.02.2017  ·  #5
Hi Seamus,thanks for that - looked at the campsite camping le palace near soulac-sur-Mac and it looks definitely like what we are looking for, and reviews etc are good for the site. If I could ask you a couple of questions - are there organized trips to vineyards from there or alternatively is it easy to visit them from there? Also are there dedicated cycle tracks which are off the road/away from traffic?
Regarding the ferry, I missed the bloody thing last year when we were in Royan and did something else instead, so looking forward to going across on in this year.

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.02.2017  ·  #6
cycle path heaven, gentle rolling paths through pine forests, through beach resorts, along the coast. It goes the whole way to Biarrritz is you dare...we have done it with kids in buggies, on bike chairs and now they can handle it on their own bikes. It really is a cycling pleasure along that coast.

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.02.2017  ·  #7
Can't help with campsite but did stay at a vineyard near Bordeaux ( about 12 miles) as it was in the France Passion book ( but you don't need to be a member to stay there). It was the Chateau de Payre , run/owned by Valerie , the 5th generation daughter to inherit and she is very nice and friendly , shows you all around the factory explaining the process and then wine tasting and an invitation to buy some of her award wining wines . I see from this website ( choose English at the top) that she also does, B&B, wine making workshops and organised tours. You park your motorhome in the yard between her house and the factory , all very nice , there is a lovely village, about 4 miles away, for a visit ( best on market day ) Cadillac.
https://www.chateau-du-payre.fr/actualit%C3%A9s/blog/

Rapido12
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2017  ·  #8
Hi, there is a lovely aire on a vinyard in St Pey D'Armes 10 mins drive from St. Emillion. The place is called Chateau Gerbaud. Lovely spot very reasonable and you can get tour of winery. Their wine is very good. Also check out the Co-Op in St. Emilion they have some good stuff.

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.02.2017  ·  #9
Quote by Rapido12

Hi, there is a lovely aire on a vinyard in St Pey D'Armes 10 mins drive from St. Emillion. The place is called Chateau Gerbaud. Lovely spot very reasonable and you can get tour of winery. Their wine is very good. Also check out the Co-Op in St. Emilion they have some good stuff.

Have to agree Chateau Gerbaud is a lovely vineyard to stay and reasonable. We have stayed on a couple of occasions and really enjoyed the tasting. It's also close to St. Emillion which is well worth a visit.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.