Iphone

Navigation

firefighter
dublin
Subject:

Iphone

· 
Posted: 31.01.2017  ·  #1
Good afternoon everyone, have a problem with my phone. Trying to explain this is going to be a big deal for me .i bought Tom Tom app about two years ago and found it great , especially when using it through other apps like camperconect , I had to get a new iPhone some weeks ago and all the stuff came down from the cloud, but not the Tom Tom app . I got on to Tom Tom and explained about same , long story , but I have it now, only problem is I can't use camperconect through it anymore . Does anyone know what I can do . Tom Tom said it nothing to do with them . Sorry about the long winded way of explaining my deleama. Hopeing someone can help , regards to all

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Iphone

· 
Posted: 31.01.2017  ·  #2
Some SatNav app developers release 'keys' to enable other software to open them directly from an APP. I think Tom Tom is one that does not and the reason we couldn't get it working with the Motorhome Parking Ireland APP.

I'm nearly sure you are beat and only because Tom Tom won't release that functionality. Pablo, our APP developer would know more about it than me.

Pablo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.01.2017  ·  #3
TomTom on iPhone does not allow other apps to call it anymore. Their android app DOES allow it.

In general terms this is called "Inter-App Communication"

Android implements this as a model called Intents. This is pretty neat as you can ask the system "What installed apps support the "navigate:// Intent?" .. and the system returns you with a list of apps that have registered their intent to do this. The developer can then allow the user to select whichever app they prefer and that app takes over for that task.

iOS on iPhone/iPad implements this as something called custom URL schemes. This is not quite as neat as the android way of doing it as you need to know the custom scheme for every app that might have one .. The latest version of TomTom (GO Mobile I think its called) does not have a custom scheme and cannot be called from other apps anymore. Some complaints here about it: https://en.discussions.tomtom….ost1118848

in short TomTom apps used to support this scheme: "tomtomhome://geo:action=navigateto&lat=45.5055122&long=5.3734002&name=linkname" .. and now they don't.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.01.2017  ·  #4
firefighter
dublin
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2017  ·  #5
Thank you very much pablo, and I really appreciate ur time

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.